• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Tail light wiring missing

bdlovesmb

Please help ! I pruchased a gt/cs in pieces, the only main thing missing was the tail light complete wiring harness from tail lights to fuel sender to front of car. I would love to find a good used one, repairable, whatever, or at least a wiring diagram to make one from scratch. This seems to be a very hard part to find. Any advice? Help? Do you have one? This is the last thing i need to finish the car.
Thank you
bill
billd@wendle.com

Northern Pony

This is one of the GT/CS parts where you have to ask yourself, do I have a true GT/CS or not, I would do a Marty report before sinking a lot of $$$$ into you car.
That said, the easiest way, is to get a wiring harness off a 65 T-Bird, it will adapt very well.
BoB

OP
OP
B

bdlovesmb

oh, it is definately GT/CS, EVEN HAVE THE ORIGINAL PAPERWORK FROM THE SELLING DEALER, 100 % TRUE GT/CS, CANDY APPLE RED, 4 SPEED, PARCHMENT INT, 302- 4V, IT WAS WRECKED, BUT NOT BAD, THEY REPLACED THE QUARTER PANEL AND IN THE MESS LOST THE WIRING HARNESS, I PURCHASED IT FROM SOMEONE THAT HAD IT IN STORAGE FOR YEARS, AND IT JUST GOT MISPLACED. BUT YES, ITS DEFINATELY A REAL CAR.

OP
OP
B

bdlovesmb

harness

Thanks Jeff. got one of those, not gonna work if all the other wiring is gone, and dont want sequential lights, need original ! but thank you !
wish I could just find a wiring diagram SPECIFICALLY for the GT/CS to MAKE one !
Bill

Mosesatm

If you are going to make one and just want something that works I'm pretty sure the only difference between the GT/CS harness and a regular mustang harness is 4 extra light sockets. Do you have a '68 Mustang wiring diagram?

rvrtrash

As Arlie said, the only difference is at the very back where the harness has a plug each side for the 3 lights. If you buy a repop harness, and find the plug, I'll help you modify it. I'm close and know my way around a soldering iron. We could also use a more modern plug if you wanted to modify the bucket harness as well. If nothing else you can look at mine to see how it's done. PM me.

Steve

Last edited:

GT/CS S Code

Ruppstang

I can not remember and mine is boxed up are the tail light sockets a seperate harness?

Mustanglvr

Here's a diagram I found on this site.

Attachments

• cstaillights.jpg
    cstaillights.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 45