• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Black GT/CS for Sale on eBay

68gt390

Arlie;
He states the car was going to be shipped to Japan and he's just now getting around to ordering a Marti Report? I would think if you were going to ship a car to Japan and you've had it for some 9 years you would of wanted the report a lot earlier than now. ::)
Your right about the passanger inner fender - looks like something pretty big was dropped on that puppy or could it be a bad putty job? ???

Don

BLACK GT CS

Hi Guys,

The Black GT/CS is mine and was suposed to go to Japan Nine years ago. The car was paid for by a Japanese company but the never picked it up or took possesion of the car. I guess I did not make it clear in the auction. I bought the car for the Japanese company not for myself and that is why I never insured it or drove it on a public road very much (6 or 7 times in 9 years) until now. If anybody lives near Fresno please come by and look at it. The pictures do not do justice to the car. It looks much nicer in person.

Mark

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I'll be in Fresno next this coming week and would love to take a look at it. Please send me an email letting me know how to get ahold of you so we can hook up.

Thanks

Arlie

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

[quote author=twoclassics link=board=3;threadid=2228;start=0#msg15212 date=1128903262]
Arlie you really know how to sniff em out ;)
[/quote]

I heard there is a nice one in Houston for sale too......

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=3;threadid=2228;start=0#msg15214 date=1128903542]
[quote author=twoclassics link=board=3;threadid=2228;start=0#msg15212 date=1128903262]
Arlie you really know how to sniff em out ;)
[/quote]

I heard there is a nice one in Houston for sale too......
[/quote]

I can vouch for that. :)

twoclassics

It looks like someone might be trying to make room for something else, wonder what that would be :-\

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68MustangHCS link=board=3;threadid=2228;start=0#msg15307 date=1129072308]
The guy who is selling this one is not a Mustang guy...Maybe JB wants this one? lol
[/quote]

not original enough. 8)

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=3;threadid=2228;start=0#msg15311 date=1129075350]
[quote author=68MustangHCS link=board=3;threadid=2228;start=0#msg15307 date=1129072308]
The guy who is selling this one is not a Mustang guy...Maybe JB wants this one? lol
[/quote]

not original enough. 8)
[/quote]

Says the guy with a restomod '66.

I just spent an hour looking at the car and taking it on a test drive. Jason is right, this is not a car for a purist. The auto has been replaced with a 4-speed, the 289 has been replaced with a 302, there is a monster sway bar on it, as well as GT rear panel with GT tips. It also has a Flowmaster exhaust and the front and rear have both been lowered an inch or so. All very tastefully done. Oh, yes, and it was originally gold, now painted black. The paint is nothing less than perfect.

The wrinkle on the passenger inner fender is not as bad as it appears in the photo. I'm not sure what it is all about but there doesn't seem to be any damage to the frame or inner supports. The only thing that bugs me is that the scripts on the driver's side don't quite line up as they should. You can see the misalignment in one of the photos.

All in all, from what I can tell, it's a great car.

Oh, from how I understand it the whole Japan thing is that a Japanese business owner wanted to display the car in his building, on a platform, but couldn't get the building department to go for it.

390cs68rcode

Says the guy with a restomod '66

yeah, yeah I know. I am going to sell the 66 sometime soon to fund another purchase. It is just not my style but we will get to play with the nitrous VERY soon.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Shoot, I forgot to mention that the seller now has a Marti report.

Wasn't there a post a few weeks ago stating that the only factory stripe colors were black or white? Were there any black cars with gold stripes?

hicountrybob

Red was available, also. According to the stripe guy, Steve Goehring (559-875-8898), when I ordered my last set, I wanted gold tape to match better with my nugget gold interior(rather than the white tape that came on this highland green car), and he said that gold did not come on CS cars, but did come on the GT cars. So, I went to my paint store, looked at their 3-M j hook color samples, and choose 03 and 93 as my desired choice. I called Steve back and he said that he also did his homework and that 03 was '68 GT proper. Just another experience in this neat hobby! hc Bob here.

Mustanger

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=3;threadid=2228;start=0#msg15316 date=1129081858]
Shoot, I forgot to mention that the seller now has a Marti report.

Wasn't there a post a few weeks ago stating that the only factory stripe colors were black or white? Were there any black cars with gold stripes?
[/quote]

I think the only legit GTCS stripe colors were:
black, white, red, and blue ... all non-reflective.
However, there are vendors out there that'll make the stripes any color, including being reflective, you want ;).

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Maybe we should all reflect on that.

Sorry, that was lame.