• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Project Car

6t8-390gt

I brought my new project car home yesterday. A black on black 68 1/2 428 Cobra Jet Coupe, four speed w/ 4.30 traction lock. Pretty plain car except it has factory am/fm stereo.

The previous owner gave me the Elite Marti report for the car. There is alot of undercoating on this car that needs to come off. That is where the project will begin. This purchase forced me to sell my other GT Coupe to my cousin (TEAMLO). He has joined the site to help him research the car, although not a CS or HCS it was built in the San Jose plant.

I also received my judging sheets for the MCA National in Sturbridge. I scored 694 out of 700 points. I'll be off to Erie in a couple weeks for that show.

GTCSMustang

Cool car. I know where there is a black 68 1/2 Cobra Jet convertible 4.30 4-speed car. You need that to go with yours. Now that would make a cool picture.

Congratulations. Any idea why your San Jose car was undercoated? How original is it. Drivetrain? Smog? Ram Air stuff? Does it have PS?

Scott

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

Scott,
I wish I had the money for the CJ Conv.!!!
The CJ has the undercoating it and it was built in Dearborn and sold in New York. I think the undercoating was applied at the dealer or aftermarket. I have/had three San Jose cars and the only had undercoating in the wheelwells and sealant on the seams.

Right now I have the S- code 390 GT Fastback (see gallery), J-code GT Conv., and R-code GT Coupe.

GTCSMustang

I missread your previous post. I was thinking your coupe was from San Jose. Does your car have holes drilled (with plugs) where the coating was sprayed in, or was it just applied underneath? The plugs are usually visible when the door is open.

Scott