• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Deluxe Hood Option

nfrntau

When I referbished my instrument cluster I noticed that the in dash blinker indicator lights had black covers installed at the factory essentially making them not functional.
The repro had green indicator light covers

Was this a GT/CS thing, a Deluxe hood item or a one off fluke? Do any of you have original instrument clusters that the blinker lights work in?

Attachments

• P2130684.jpg
    P2130684.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 27

68gt390

Both my cars have the green plastic. That's the first I've ever heard of that one. They both have the deluxe hood w/turn indicators. Could you have discovered something else odd they did at the factory.

Don

our special

nfrntau said:
When I referbished my instrument cluster I noticed that the in dash blinker indicator lights had black covers installed at the factory essentially making them not functional.
The repro had green indicator light covers

Was this a GT/CS thing, a Deluxe hood item or a one off fluke? Do any of you have original instrument clusters that the blinker lights work in?

This may sound like a dumm question but, did you hold it up to the light and look at it?
The reason I ask, is because the green plastic which covers the indicator hole( for lack of a better word ) is a real dark green on the original bezel. The repo I fine is a lot lighter.
Just a thought.
Dave

our special

our special said:
This may sound like a dumm question but, did you hold it up to the light and look at it?
The reason I ask, is because the green plastic which covers the indicator hole( for lack of a better word ) is a real dark green on the original bezel. The repo I fine is a lot lighter.
Just a thought.
Dave

Not only may it be a dumb question, I can't even spell the word right.

Dave

68sunlitgold

Dave is correct...this is how they came from the factory. They are actually a very dark green, if you hold it up to the light you will see through it. Mine look exactly like yours, including the tape over the plastic.

Doug

luisa2552

I had to pull out my original bezel and take a look since I just replaced mine too. The new one is already in the car so I can't compare but mine has 'U' shaped green plastic heald on by 2 pieces of glue.
I was surprised when the repro came that is was made of plastic, but then I saw the one from the car and it's the same plastic. Yours looks metal or at least a lot more substantial. My supposed origianal has part number c8z-10841-c and FoMoCo under it. Could it be an after market?