• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Oregon 390GT 4-spd...

Midnight Special

...Arrived in nearby Auburn, CA today where we took delivery and brought to its new home in Grass Valley. The car is gorgeous as advertised, well tuned and FAST! We proceeded to a 390's favorite stop (a gas station), topped it off and did a final inspection under the lights as it was getting dark. We then headed home w/ a series of sprints (one up to 95 mph with ease!) to its place of honor along side the 428CJ Mach. This car is beautiful! 'Rides nice & smooth, shifts, handles and corners well ...and...and...FAST! ;-) I'll post more details with daylight over the weekend. This one will be reserved for special outings and shows only due to its spotless condition. Copilot & friend Scott Foote flew chase in the green CS for the 20-mile trip home...

Attachments

• DSC_0699.jpg
    DSC_0699.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0695.jpg
    DSC_0695.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0714.jpg
    DSC_0714.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0711.jpg
    DSC_0711.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0706.jpg
    DSC_0706.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0704.jpg
    DSC_0704.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0701.jpg
    DSC_0701.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0702.jpg
    DSC_0702.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 44

somethingspecial

Sneaky Dog!

Tim has kept me up to date all along, and told me he would call me when it arrived. I would have been with him while taking delivery, but I had to work. He decided to wait until he was home with it before he called me. I had it all planned out, a dark spot behind the pine trees at the county line waiting for two un-suspecting speeders to go racing by.........., *#&#^& you Sneaky Dog!!!!!!

Tim, Congrats on this new addition. I can't wait to see it in person. That is a beautiful color, what is that, ARREST ME RED???? Mike

rvrtrash

Nice looking car Tim. Sounds like it was a good idea to sneak into town though. :wink:

Steve

68gt390

SWEEEEEEET
Ah yes, a 390's favorite watering hole. I can relate to that. Very nice looking car Tim. You plan on putting the side stripe on her? I know everytime I take mine out everyone wants to know when am I going to put the "mustang" script on the front. I kinda like it off plus, it makes cleaning a little easier.

Don

joedls

Beautiful car, Tim!!! Do you still get just as excited as you did the first time you took delivery of a GT/CS. Or are you just chasing that rush? :wink:

PonyGal

OMG! She is beautiful Tim!! Can't wait to see it...hell, I can't wait to DRIVE it! You will let me drive it won't you??? :cheesy:

Last edited:

Mustanger

Congrats on the new addition ... so, out of all your GT/CSs, would you say that this one is the fastest? How does it compare to the Mach 1 ('69 428CJ)?

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Tim has kept me up to date all along, and told me he would call me when it arrived. I would have been with him while taking delivery, but I had to work. He decided to wait until he was home with it before he called me. I had it all planned out, a dark spot behind the pine trees at the county line waiting for two un-suspecting speeders to go racing by.........., *#&#^& you Sneaky Dog!!!!!! Mike

...Oh, definately would've been fun Mike, but as Steve says; probably a good thing we didn't tell you. You know Scott... He likely would've made a run for it ;-)

How would it compare to the CJ? My gut says she may be quicker due to its lighter weight, efficient 4-spd and the 3:25 rearend. Plus, there are no accessories (a/c, p/s) driven aside from the alternater... The CJ would ultimately be faster at top end I believe...

Yes Don; she came w/ a black stripe kit that will be applied.

Joe - yes! This one is especially exciting as a big block 4-spd. It's as "ultimate" as I can get w/ the type w/ no (cherished) 428s on the horizon.

Yes Renee - but you'll have to promise to bring it back ;-) Don's going to need it in August.

Thank you Rhonda :)

Canuck CSter

390 4 sp

Congrats on the new addition ... so, out of all your GT/CSs, would you say that this one is the fastest? How does it compare to the Mach 1 ('69 428CJ)?

Ya how does it compare to the 428 for speed and thirst. Beautiful car Tim..

Can't wait to see a few more pics....Have fun....

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

That does it!....

...THIS car is going back to the garage!

All I did was drive it to town today (to work and a nursery for a Mothers Day gift) and I get invited to seven bar-b que's, three marriage proposals, almost caused numerous accidents.., gawked at, waved to, yelled at, followed around... and besides all that - it's friggin' fast..........For a guy that works 10 hrs. a day in a manufacturing plant - I can't handle all this danged attention!!!

Buyers Beware!!!!

'Anyone have an old primer grey Pinto or Gremlin to sell me?

I need HELP!
;-)))

Attachments

• IM000920.JPG
    IM000920.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IM000921.JPG
    IM000921.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IM000922.JPG
    IM000922.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 46

joedls

...THIS car is going back to the garage!

All I did was drive it to town today (to work and a nursery for a Mothers Day gift) and I get invited to seven bar-b que's, three marriage proposals, almost caused numerous accidents.., gawked at, waved to, yelled at, followed around... and besides all that - it's friggin' fast..........For a guy that works 10 hrs. a day in a manufacturing plant - I can't handle all this danged attention!!!

Buyers Beware!!!!

'Anyone have an old primer grey Pinto or Gremlin to sell me?

I need HELP!
;-)))

I don't have one, but I'll buy one if you wanna trade.

Diesel Donna

Well it looks like there will be no room at the inn come August!!

Congratulations Tim, wow what a ride!!

(Arrrr arrrrr arrrrr...nice Peterbilt too!)

68gt390

Sweet

Well done tim

A BB car is all about fun - A BB car with a 4 speed is just plain crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So true Shawn. BB car's are a lot of fun but, with a 4 speed what a rush. As "Steve Saleen once said - Power in the hands of a few".

Don :icon_ecst

gretz@omtool.com

Back to Oregon

Hi Tim,

Sounds like it gets you way to much unwanted attention and is causing you many problems! I don't want you to be unhappy with your purchase so I'll be happy to buy it back from you - at a discounted price of course!

Jeff