• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Your Book is Complete Buy Now!!!

HorsePal

Book

I had the pleasure of seeing the books today while attending a car show with Tim, Renne and T.J. Just wanted to congratulate you on a job well done, to put it mildly. I look forward to reading more of the stories the next time I get over to Tim's house.

Midnight Special

I had the pleasure of seeing the books today while attending a car show with Tim, Renne and T.J. Just wanted to congratulate you on a job well done, to put it mildly. I look forward to reading more of the stories the next time I get over to Tim's house.

...Indeed! Just the latest of many insightful ways that people here celebrate these magnificent cars! Cory's book and Jon's calendars were a huge hit today along with Don Potter & Paul Stevenson (inspired) diecast models.

What better way to compliment the GT/CS and its owners!

Attachments

• DSC_0217.jpg
    DSC_0217.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0206.jpg
    DSC_0206.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 75

GT/CS S Code

2 books arrived today!

Well, the 2 books that I ordered arrived today via Fedex and they are AWESOME! We'll be using these books when we display the car in future along with our framed Marti report.
Thank you Cory for such a terrific job on this project and for promoting the California Special forum.
:cool:

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Your thoughts on the new books.

I would like to invite anyone that has received a book to go back into Blurb via the links below and post up some details on what you think of the book. Be specific, it may help out those that are debating on buying a book if they have some details. Just scroll to the bottom of these links and there is an add comments.

Thanks, Cory

Small Book

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/823278

Large Book

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/823017

aemoo28

Just received my book. Wow, Cory, it's super great! So are the stories. Now I wish I spent more time on personal appearance, but at least the car looks perfect!! And that's what matters, right?

I ordered the large book, and the clarification on the photos is magnificent! Thanks for including my 08/68 pics in the back section. And that's Tim's (timmknzie) highland green 68 in the side scoop photo.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Your welcome and thanks to you and Al for posting up a couple of comments in Blurb. The nice comments will help others outside of CS.COM make their decision if the book is worth a try.

If any of the rest of you have a minute go post your feelings, the more comments the better represented the book is.

Thanks

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I just wanted to echo all the other comments praising Cory's work putting the book together and everyone on their great stories. Just a fabulous job to all!

You get to know people from bits and pieces that they post here on the forums, but the book really brings it all together. Reading all the great stories, with corresponding photos of cars and owners...well, it's just so cool! :grin:

Again, my thanks go out to everyone who worked so hard on your stories, and especially to Cory!

Midnight Special

Ditto Jon!

Let me toss in an idea that Jon just brought up privately. I really wish we would've thought of it sooner, but if any of you have books you wish to get signed at this gathering, PM me immediately for an address to FedEx your book and so that I know to expect it. You may ship it tomorrow for a Friday or Saturday delivery in time for Cory et-al on Sunday!

Thanks Jon!

jc68gtcs

I'm so bummed out! I can't believe that I've been away from this site long enough to miss the opportunity to be in Cory's book(s).. I read this entire thread and I'm totally jealous.

Can someone tell me where I can get an update on the whole PMN situation. I got an email a month or so requesting the balance due and again, I've been away so I really don't have a clue where things stand..

thanks.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I'm so bummed out! I can't believe that I've been away from this site long enough to miss the opportunity to be in Cory's book(s).. I read this entire thread and I'm totally jealous.

Can someone tell me where I can get an update on the whole PMN situation. I got an email a month or so requesting the balance due and again, I've been away so I really don't have a clue where things stand..

thanks.

All may not be lost, we may do an additional book at some point in the future Cory (me) needs to get some personal books caught up first and then I'm sure he'll need a slight break from the whole book thing to catch his wind and then possibly we will do another book to bring those that missed, ignored, didn't realize just how awesome it would be, or didn't even know about it, another chance to be in a wonderful book.

Cory

jc68gtcs

All may not be lost, we may do an additional book at some point in the future Cory (me) needs to get some personal books caught up first and then I'm sure he'll need a slight break from the whole book thing to catch his wind and then possibly we will do another book to bring those that missed, ignored, didn't realize just how awesome it would be, or didn't even know about it, another chance to be in a wonderful book.

Cory

Thanks Cory, I'll look forward to that.. I've been restoring my CS and I think that by the time that happens, I'll have a pretty special car for your book..