• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Galpin GT/CS 40th ANNIV. DETAILS for 4/19 EVENT

P

PNewitt

We have 75 people and 21 cars that are confirmed for this event, taking place at GAS (Galpin Auto Sports), in North Hills, on Roscoe Blvd. and 405.

Bring your appetite, too., because there will be a fantastic luncheon provided.

There are a couple of "really neat" surprises for those who are attending!!! It will be a fantastic day, thanks to Beau Boeckmann, and the great people at Galpin. We couldn't have a better way to celebrate 40 years of the GT/CS!!

...and I'll be releasing the official GT/CS song!! (which will be on the DVD with the book, as a "CS Rock Video")

I'll be at breakfast at the Galpin Restaurant (look for me in my Mustang Jacket) at 8:30 AM.

So the people at Galpin can set up the GAS parking lot, and set up the tent, etc., please don't get there TOO early...a comfortable time to arrive would be about 9:15-9:30. They are providing spots for 21 cars (and I know who you are, so you have a space).

We have reps from a few magazines coming, too, including Mary Jean from Mustang Times (MCA).

Plan on a wonderful day!!

Thank you all for making the effort to come to this event, and a BIG thanks to Galpin Ford!!!

See you there!!! :)

Paul M. Newitt

CougarCJ

Hope that I am on the list.

No car, but I will be attending.

Doug

Weather Forecast

Weather forecast:
Friday Saturday Sunday
Galpin 75 h 67 h 65 h
Knotts 78 h 66 h 65 h

Both areas are showing sunny with lows at about 55

Diesel Donna

Great!! I know a couple of years at Knott's it was overcast and drizzly. Other years I got fried!

franklinair

My bags are packed, reservations in place.
Donna is rescuing me @ LAX Fri.
Dinner Fri evening @ Knotts area restaurant.
Mike & Robinette offered me a ride to GAS.

I AM READY!!

Neil

obwan93001

Can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it and all the GT/CSs too! :icon_ecst I'm still hoping to bring mine w/me to GAS. She is in a local frame and alignment shop having all the rear suspension gone thru w/new bushings, shocks, leaf springs and new hardware. My new job has me very busy so had to "farm it out". I had all the parts and only live a few miles from NPD's CA store so was able to get what I didn't already have pretty easily. Didn't want to deal w/the mark ups if you know what I mean :wink: She won't look pretty but at least she should ride nice and I hope to bring her to GAS. We won't be able to attend Knott's this year as it's my niece's 1st bday on 4/20 so big party to attend. I'm jealous though as it'd be very cool to caravan down there w/other GT/CSs, oh well maybe next year and we'll get to show off a new paint job and interior too!

Take care all and have a safe trip for those of you who are coming in from the far reaches!

Oscar
obwan93001

Hey!! Count me in for Saturday...Sounds like a lot of fun:grin: !! I wish I could have registerd my GT/CS for the Knotts show but unfortunately I wont be a able to stay for the whole day.
--Sam

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

A potential PROBLEM

I was told today that "some more local Mustang Clubs are coming to the event".

Just to make it clear, I did not, nor did we, specifically invite "other Mustang clubs" to attend our event. I don't know who did (via the net), but this event is specifically set up for the GT/CS 40th Anniversary.

We have gone to great lengths to have people RSVP, and I have a headcount of 75 people. We have the entire GAS parking lot designated ONLY for our GT/CS Mustangs (25 total).

Lunch has been prepared for the 75 people in the party that I have on my list.

It's not that non-CS Mustangs or Mustang people are specifically excluded, it's just that it's too late to add any more cars or people to the list, which (as on my flier) expired by April 5th. And, once again, this is a GT/CS party.

Any other clubs, Mustangs, etc., will have to find other places to park (which is not easy on Roscoe Blvd.).

PMN

So would I still be able to come just to see and meet some other CS owners or do I have to be on the list to attend?

I was told today that "some more local Mustang Clubs are coming to the event".

Just to make it clear, I did not, nor did we, specifically invite "other Mustang clubs" to attend our event. I don't know who did (via the net), but this event is specifically set up for the GT/CS 40th Anniversary.

We have gone to great lengths to have people RSVP, and I have a headcount of 75 people. We have the entire GAS parking lot designated ONLY for our GT/CS Mustangs (25 total).

Lunch has been prepared for the 75 people in the party that I have on my list.

It's not that non-CS Mustangs or Mustang people are specifically excluded, it's just that it's too late to add any more cars or people to the list, which (as on my flier) expired by April 5th. And, once again, this is a GT/CS party.

Any other clubs, Mustangs, etc., will have to find other places to park (which is not easy on Roscoe Blvd.).

PMN

somethingspecial

Hey!! Count me in for Saturday...Sounds like a lot of fun:grin: !! I wish I could have registerd my GT/CS for the Knotts show but unfortunately I wont be a able to stay for the whole day.
--Sam

Sam, I registered two cars, and can only bring one, sooooooo, I have an extra entry for the knotts show. Let me know and if you need it, hook up with me at the Galpin event. Mike

joedls

A BIG thanks to Paul, Casey, Ron, and whoever else has worked to organize this event. I, for one, am excited about attending!!!