• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Driveshaft Markings - 68 San Jose S code/C6 - non GT/CS

dalorzo_f

From front;

Pink, White, Light Blue, then a bit further down a light seafoam green-ish.

from rear weld 9" 17 3/4", 21 3/4", 23 3/4", stripes about 1/2" wide.

Yokes orange, with yellow small swipe. Have seen very carefully painted yokes, most I have are as this shows, appear to be a few orange brush strokes not masked/carefully painted around base of weld and around U joint eyes. Yellow on both ends also appears to be a smaller brush mark.

driveshaft_paint_01.jpg

rear_mark_02.jpg

driveshaft_paint_07_diff.jpg

driveshaft_paint_05_yoke.jpg

Ruppstang

If you dip in Evaporust for a few hours you will be able to see the paint marks more clearly. Be ready to take pictures as a lot of the paint will wash off when you clean the shaft. Marty

Ruppstang

$70 for 5 liters (gallon and a bit) here... plus shipping as its not available locally... seems kinda spendy....

I use a 4 inch PVC tube with a cap. It taked 1.75 gallons. It lasts a long time so you can do several projects before it is shot. It cost $22.00 per gallon here. Marty

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Man I miss the US and prices there... 22 there, 70 here... and our dollar is now even with the US (unlike at 50c wehn i moved there in 2001)

Paid over $120 the other day for fluid to refill my C6. $40 in brake fluid (3 x 500ml) to flush... An oil change is $50 of oil plus $20 for a filter...

;-(

Ruppstang

Many of us do not know how good we have it. Complaning about 3.35 a gallon gas.
Thanks for the reminder. Marty

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

$1.60 a liter here (I run premium in the nags) $1.40 for reg. Works out to over $6 a gallon... not as bad as Europe, some there are paying near $10! :rolleyes: