• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Correct Engine Color?

somethingspecial

Looking at several ads for 68' GT/CSs, I see several, or most have the light blue engine color. It is my belief the correct engine color is Ford Corporate Blue (Dark Blue). Which is correct? Was there a color change date, or is the Light Blue wrong? My untouched 68' San Jose built J code Coupe was Ford Corp. Blue. What say you?

It would be nice to know for correct restoration purposes. Thanks.

Mosesatm

If I'm reading this post http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showpost.php?p=60370&postcount=9 correctly Jeff seems to be saying that different engine plants used slightly different shades of Ford Corporate Blue, so a big block may look different than a small block. Hopefully Jeff will see this thread and elaborate.

Paul's book calls for Ford Corporate Blue

Plasticote 224 is good match for small blocks.

Here's another thread from 'Restoration Reference'
http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9016

Ruppstang

The Ford dark corporate blue is correct. Jeff also is right there were slight variations. One thing that is mis leading in photos is the flash tends to wash out the color and some folk just get the wrong color. It is hard to tell in pictures. Marty

CougarCJ

There are also spray paint cans out on the market that claim to be 'Ford Engine Blue'. They are the light blue color.