• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Motor Trend

coloradoHCS

Anyone see this months Motor Trend? A comparison article between the 05 GT and the 06 Dodge Charger staged in San Fran. The Mustang wins! They also reference 1968 cars used in the movie. The 68 Charger was pretty fast for a heavy car but the 390 Mustang was slower than I would have thought. Neither come close to todays cars for performance.

The 05 Mustang they tested was Highland Green and I was ready to run down to Ford until I found out they painted the car for the article to offset against the black Charger. They do claim the 08 Bullitt Mustang will be Highland Green with a small facelift.

There was some interesting notes on the movie Mustang. Two were used, a 390 GT and a 289. The 390 was an auto and the 289 a 4 speed. Some rear shots during the chase show dual rear exhaust and some don't. Know we know.

Mark.

case12

Automobile Magazine did an article in their August issue "Woodward Muscle: Charger, Mustang and GTO". Scanning the article, they seem to think the most of the Mustang. The Charger they thought was pretty good (for 4 doors) but they held out for a bigger engine they say is planned for next year, and the GTO wasn't even close to the same blood as that of the sixties. Casey

http://www.automobilemag.com/photo_gallery/0508_woodward_muscle/

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

Casey, that is what I have heard also. The GTO has the HP but a jelly bean design. It's no wonder GM is in the trouble it is.

The Charger is nice but a 4 door limits the styling. They did this for more market size attraction but it does not fit the old muscle car mold.

My vote goes to the Mustang too. Then and now. Mark.