• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Put My 1986 Mustang Up for Sale

still looking for one

A Time capsule car

I bet there is a good reason for your selling it.

Scott, what you have is basically a "brand new" Fox body convert, in the right color, red with only 6,000 miles on it.

The only real problem the buyer will face is whether to store it or dirive it.
When the verified mileage is THAT low, with every mile driven, the car will depreciate.

A savvy bidder will only want to know why you are selling now, and if the rubber, seals and gaskets have dried out, if it was in dead storage or was driven regularly to keep fluids circulating.

For someone looking for an '86 convertible this has to be as good as it can ever get.

Jim B.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Yep, that's always the problem with low mileage cars. What to do with them. I have a GT500KR convertible with 7,000-original miles that I never drive for just the reason you mentioned. To answer your questions...I'm selling it to help offset the purchase price of the HCS I bought recently. And yes, it has been driven regularly, just not often. And the rubber is in perfect original condition. The car has rarely seen the sun. And I'm also getting short on room. Guess it's time to start thinking about a bigger garage.

Attachments

• DSC00250.JPG
    DSC00250.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 51