• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2005 Registry Update Thread

CJ 56

Hi Paul
being new to this, I may have mised the boat sending the info to you.
I would like my car to be in the registry but understand if it is too late.

Jason has just seen it in NZ and taken allot of pictures for you and 2 copyies of the Marti ELITE Report.

I now also see you are looking for video's too. is it too late, would take about 2 weeks to get to you, maybe 3 weeks at this time of year.

Detail of My NZ GT/CS

Serial Number 8R01C141312

289 2v ( Now 4v Edelbrock with Holly)
C4
2.79 Diff

Meadowlark Yelllow ( now red)

Serialized 02/01/68
Bucked 02/08/68
Schelduled for build 02/13/68
Buiit 02/13/68

The marti report says one of only 8 idential California Specials built to this spec.

There is some thing special about it as there is a NZ collector that has try to buy it from the two previous NZ owners and when it came back on the maket and I got it ( the collector was late in the line) He offered the seller an addition $5k NZ to break the deal and sell to him. I am trying to get as much history on this car from the previous owner, who also knows the first owner, ( he is away over seas untill Feb but have contacted him by e-mail) Maybe this car has a significant US history??

What else can I send you over the net?

It is too late for a video?

CJ 56

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi CJ,

I am curious about the "One of 8" comment from Marti. What does that mean?

Sure--send me a video. A month or so is OK.

And! Quickly-- the following registrations, etc., have arrived here:

T. Moore
C. Boyce
H. Elledge

Thanks!!

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
According to the '88 registry that is the 3rd GT/CS built.

where are you getting this info?

my 88 reg shows 118687, 120928, 120013 (it shows this as a S code) as the first 3 registered cars (page 56).

CJ 56

HI Paul

Will get that video camera out in a few days, wet weather here right now for 2-3 days. If you live close to Jason he has seen my Marti and has 2 copies.
Will send a copy with my tape too.

Happy New Year.

gt bandit

PNewitt said:
Hi Casey!

Great ideas--and I'd like to do all of them. I also want to add a page for folks that just bought one, and wonder what to do next.

I like the Idea of capturing some Info for New Owners , with new ownership just around the corner for myself - i think this will be a great asset , specially since my new CS will be Down Under. Where Info and other CS cars are just about Non - Existent ---------------

another Idea would be for an International Section , to see how far the CS has spread.

Mustanglvr

The member map helps show us where everybody is, if they`d just put in that information.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Here is another quick update...(shades of a "MovieTone Newsreel", huh?):

The book, right now, has been spec'd out to 180 pages. That's everything.

Everyone has been just great about sending in photos, data, and notes. I can't thank everyone enough for the encouraging words.

We're working on updating the mailing list. I dusted it off from 1996, and there are roughly 150-200 new cars and people since about ten years ago. This is awesome!

The plan is for me to do new layouts on the computer, plug in the text and photos and diagrams from the 1988 and 1996 editions--with a LOT of NEW material, including the Green Hornet story, and more concours information.

Next, is to subsequently put together and mail out about 1,000 notices to confirm the registration of everyone's GT/CS and HCS. The second purpose of the notices is to offer the book for sale, at a later date. I should be offering the book in hardbound, with some "special goodies" as a packaged deal. I would like to do a limited run of 1,000 to 1,500 copies, all signed and numbered by myself. None of these details are "solid" at this time, but that is the direction I am going. I don't want to offer the book for (pre) sale until it's at least 80% done, with only the Registry and photos of cars to complete, before going to the printer.

The target date for the mailer is March, and the book's target date is May.
If you are not on my mailing list (or you have a new address that I am not aware of), please send an SASE to:

Paul M. Newitt / GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

Thanks for all your support!!
(and yes, T-Shirts are in the plan, too)

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

Last edited:

luisa2552

I don't think it's a dumb question. I was going to post the same thing after reading Paul's post until I scrolled down and read yours!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Absolutely! If you mailed me something, especially since mid-1996, you are automatically placed on my mailing list.

I just have to update any new addresses to names, and whether cars were sold, bought, etc., to those on my list.

Not a silly question. If you already sent me info, you'll still get the mailer later this spring. Just ignore that stuff I'll say about sending in registry info, photos, etc., because you already did!

Thanks!

Paul N.

CJ 56

HI Paul from NZ, have all my docs and pics on CD together and video , thought I would send it by International Courier to ensure they get to you.
If you are OK with this can you send me an address where to send it. Couriers do not like PO Boxes
You can send details direct to my e-mail at home.
chris.f@xtra.co.nz
If you just want me to send via PO Box ( taking longer and a bit more risky from overseas) also drop me a mail at home any way.

CJ56

rvrtrash

PNewitt said:
I would like to do a limited run of 1,000 to 1,500 copies, all signed and numbered by myself.
Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

Man are you going to have writer's cramp!:grin: Thanks for all the hard work Paul.

Steve

hookedtrout

PNewitt said:
Absolutely! If you mailed me something, especially since mid-1996, you are automatically placed on my mailing list.

I just have to update any new addresses to names, and whether cars were sold, bought, etc., to those on my list.

Not a silly question. If you already sent me info, you'll still get the mailer later this spring. Just ignore that stuff I'll say about sending in registry info, photos, etc., because you already did!

Thanks!

Paul N.

What about those of us that registered for the first book and all our info is still the same? Do we need to re-register?

Cory

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Only if you have changed your address since 1988 (first book) (or 1996 for that matter); and/or you wish to send better photos of your CS (or HCS). Some folks may have finished a restoration, etc.

I will compile ALL information for each car together, by VIN, then include it into the registry.

I will accept any and all info on new or pre-existing cars. Either do it now, or wait for the mailer--assuming that you are on the list.

Thanks again for your support...

Paul Newitt