• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

starting problems

My car is not starting. I have a brand new starter and starter solenoid. The wiring is hooked up correctly and the engine is grounded although, I replaced the cars original automatic with a manual. There is a connector still there on the harness that prevents the engine from starting in any gear but neutral. I have tried bridging the connection on this wire, but still no power to the starter. When I turn the ignition switch to the starting position, I can hear the alterntor regultor click. I believe the problem is with my ignition switch. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions?

x-codegtcs

If you hear a click when you turn your key to ON then it is the soleniod (meaning it is working right). You may want to check the connection between the solenoid and your starter. Sometimes a rusty connection will not allow enough juice through to crank the starter.

Well thats a start anyway. :-\