• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New CS/GT Mustang PICS!!!

Hello everyone, my name is Ismael and although I don't have a California Special, I did take some pics of the 'new' CS/GT last night at a local show. Anyhow, I thought I share them with you guys...enjoy.

OP
OP
San Pedro Mach
This will be a $1800 option on Mustang GTs and (not 100% sure) are no diffrent mechanically then a regular GT. It's mostly just an appearance package;
front fascia, side scoops, stripes, & optional hood scoop,

case12

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us! This is the first I heard that the hood scoop would be optional. Did you talk to the drivers? Casey

p51

San Pedro Mach said:
This will be a $1800 option on Mustang GTs and (not 100% sure) are no diffrent mechanically then a regular GT. It's mostly just an appearance package;

Who's the guy in the second picture driving the GT/CS? Could it be?.... nah, couldn't be, could it ????

http://www.autographedtoyou.com/Carroll-Shelby-picture.htm

OP
OP
San Pedro Mach
The guy behind the wheel drove the GT/CS form the local dealer to the club meeting. It's not CS himself. LOL

The guy riding shotgun is John Shultz, the prez of Beach Cities Mustang Club.

mmarsalone

San Pedro Mach said:

Thanks for the pics from me also. Hey, when's the last time you saw an Amphicar? Check out the third pic.

Mustanglvr

I saw an Amphicar in a movie once, but I did`nt know what they were called. Their really cute. Are they foreign?

mmarsalone

Rhonda,
I don't think they were foreign built. They are from the late 50's , early 60's if I recall. I wasn't born then but that's what I think I remember reading. I've seen three of these cars in person. Once when I was a small kid, once when I lived in DC in Old Town Alexandria, and a few years ago at the Easter Car Show here in St. Louis. Maybe I'll see it again this Sunday.

Mustanglvr

Thanks Mike, they must pretty rare. I think they`re cute little buggers.

Mustanglvr

Here is a pic and a website I found for the Amphicars. I guess they float! I had know idea. I guess I never thought about what the name Amphicar meant.

http://www.amphicar.com/

Attachments

• AmphiCar1.jpg
    AmphiCar1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 12