• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

World of Wheels

rjw

Well, my Mustang Club took first place in the World of Wheels club category for the fourth year in a row tonight! And two of those four years contained a California Special in the rotation. Mine was in a couple of years ago (Highland green) and the other one (red) in our club was in it this year. For those of you out west, I am sure it is common; but in Birmingham, Alabama, the California Special is rare. (But appreciated!) The owner of the red one and I compared comments/questions he received at the show...you know the questions..."What exactly is this?...Is this a Shelby?...I have never seen one of these." Today I met a gentleman from Texas who told me his father bought one new in El Paso, Tx. The breed was represented well this weekend.
Richard

PFSlim

Richard

I am interested in how your Mustang Club typically sets the car for World of Wheels?? Our World of Wheels is set for Mar 11-13 and our Cal Spec will be going in with the Mustang Club. They only line the cars up, nose to tail, 2 lines, 5 cars each.

Paul

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Paul,
We have used a couple of different designs. We have always done two rows of three nose to tail; sometimes all six cars going the same way and sometimes like two-way traffic. (two sets of three, going the opposite way.) They have not allowed us to have more than six cars in the display. Attached please find a link to this year's display.
http://www.magiccitymustangs.com/pictures/wow05/index.html
We start with commercial grade carpet, then we put down the risers we built, added club graphics to the risers, installed the lights and had four laptops at the four corners playing a power point presentation on the Mustang. The middle "sign" revolves. A pretty cool display. Take a look at the link and tell me what you think.
Richard

PFSlim

I can tell you what I think of that!!! Way Cool!!! ;D 8)

Wish our club would put that much energy into our display. Thanks for sharing.

Paul

case12

Wow!

Jon - Mr Admin: Maybe we should add a car of the month to the front web page (sorta like the 1968 mustang web page). This red one would be nice to put on as the first one. Casey