• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale One owner GTCS in Los Angeles on ebay

Bidding is up over 17k
Not in registry
Looks like one just after the 1st 200
Missing hood, but owner says they have it
Original black plates gone but has original real CA pink slip!
Martin report on eBay
Candy apple red with black no ac
http://r.ebay.com/XDMILW
I am going to try to see if tomorrow

p51

Looks like the hood was replaced (no hood locks)... wonder why...

Edit: Never mind, I read the rest of the ad...

robert campbell

Very early VIN with recessed side markers. Wonder how it stacks up with other early vin numbers.

Rob

ironhorse

Early GT/CS

Car's serial number is only about 110 later than mine, built together in the first big batch. Great story and great then-and-now pictures!
Kevin

mbsf1970

Mine is only 44 after hers......
I prefer the recessed side markers. They look so much sleeker in my mind. Wish mine had em.
Stephen

ratrodgta

It is gone with the wind now, for 18,200.....a rare story, original owner, sold on Long Beach Blvd., she only drove it around Los Angeles for 50 years. Mythical history - Jan and Dean sang about this....."The Little Old Lady From Pasadena". They used to send hire gals to portray
The Little Old Lady, dressed frumpily, to the roadster/car shows, to sign autographs e.g. "Best Wishes To __________, See you Saturday night on Van Nuys Blvd." ! I hope someone from L.A. county purchased it, but I have my doubts.

Eyewood

CS was sold weeks earlier for less ($15K). It was promptly put up for sale and sold for $18,200. Unfortunately, during or immediately after the transaction, a moving van backed up into the CS and totaled the rear end. Unbelievable.

p51

CS was sold weeks earlier for less ($15K). It was promptly put up for sale and sold for $18,200. Unfortunately, during or immediately after the transaction, a moving van backed up into the CS and totaled the rear end. Unbelievable.

That's really too bad. This one seemed like a great candidate for a Concours restoration...

robert campbell

I always find the GT/CS cars with Marti reports that are blank in the "order received" category to be very interesting. Especially, when the rest of the build dates predate the debut of the GT/CS Mustang in California. This means the Mustang was "decided" to be a GT/CS and not ordered by a single customer or even a Ford Dealer in a city. These GT/CS cars were actually built to be ready for the dealers to scoop them up after the debut would trigger the demand for the car.

Then we couple that with cars that were known to be "pulled" from the line to be "converted" into the GT/CS to further bolster the availability of these special Mustangs after the debut. And these cars that were pulled were already ordered to be a "regular" Mustang and would never be documented as a GT/CS in a Marti report.

Even though I have sold my Marti verified Gold Nugget Special which contained all but one piece of the original GT/CS option, I still am avidly watching the early GT/CS cars as they are identified.

The first GT/CS registrar tried to make a science out of how these cars came to be, and made the Marti report the end all reference. To me that was the easy way out that excludes the pulled and staged cars that were known, available, and already ordered as a regular Mustang. But converted into a GT/CS on the line at San Diego and sold as a true GT/CS. Ford had a habit of building prototypes of cars and many early GT/CS cars have some strange anomalies such as different taillight panels. Not a prototype so to speak, but running changes as this car came to be early on.

The, I dare say, "clumsy" way that the San Diego line added the GT/CS option (rough holes for the hood pins, the punched hole for the side scoop main support, the drilled holes for the quarter script) are evidence that all of these Mustangs were converted to a GT/CS way down the assembly process.

This does not demean the authenticity of the car in any way. It just opens the doors for many cars that could have been converted early on before the mad rush to order them. Real GT/CS cars sold at a dealer that a Marti report will never authenticate.

Rob

clubpro

By the way Rob it was actually Milpitas and not San Jose, but because Milpitas is right next to San Jose I guess they thought that it would be better to refer to it as the San Jose plant. I find it interesting that they kept the "R" plant designation in the v.i.n. and didn't change it to an "S" when they moved the plant from Richmond to San Jose (Milpitas). They obviously couldn't use the "M" for Milpitas because it would have been confused with Metuchen even though they used a "T" designation for the Metuchen plant which was actually located in Edison, New Jersey. Go figure why they did what they did :)

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
H
am perplexed, and have to ask this question...
How is it that this car first sold for 18.2K, then was rear ended (minor quarter panel damage per owner), repainted, and then sold for over 28K?

I am not disparaging the car, a one owner (technically 2 if you count the dealer who bought it), its a great car.. I just don't see how the price could jump that drastically....it was repainted without the original hood.

Especially in light of the fact that the current one on ebay, seemingly an original and nice car, has a buy it now of 25???

Is it a color thing? (red vs. Ivy gold?)
The red one had a 289-2v, the Ivy gold a 302? am I missing something?

I am scratching my head on this, can anyone enlighten me?

Mosesatm

As I understand the scenario the car was sideswiped a little between the first and second eBay auctions. I don't know if it was totaled after that.

Donna found out that it was repaired at Mustang Country International.

Here are photos of the original hood and the recent damage.

Attachments

• 20170304_152358-2.jpg
    20170304_152358-2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20170310_131817-2.jpg
    20170310_131817-2.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: