• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Finally its Arrived !!!

gt bandit

Morning Crew,

I had to post this as its been doing my head in waiting lately. Well Wait no longer my Bad Boy just arrived down-under today. It survived the 5 different ports it got unloaded at in fine shape with it looking similar to when i tested it back in January.

Casey and Don - It needs to get licensed here in the west so driving is out of the question at the moment, but i couldn't help myself and went for a quick flog around the block.
It lit the tyres up in first and second :grin: :grin: and left the usual trade mark along our local street. No I am not a Hoon , but i needed respite !!

Don - I also checked to see where my extractors are going to go and on the driver's side their is barely enough room for a tooth pick!

Also the GT/CS striping has been done by hand with paint? Didnt really like it to start with but its kinda growing on me. The Mags don't suit and the fog lamps are local auto supply (not lucas or marchal) but everything else is pretty neat. Even the Map lights in the upper console work.

Anyway - check some of the brief pics, i will update my gallery later with better photos.

Big thanks to Randy for the Poster - I will make sure it sits proudly on display at all Club Meets. Cant wait to get to the next club meet and blow their socks off:cool: :cool:

Attachments

• container shots 003web.jpg
    container shots 003web.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 62
  • container shots 007web.jpg
    container shots 007web.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 65
  • container shots 006web.jpg
    container shots 006web.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 66

68gt390

Glad to hear it has finally arrived. I just knew you wouldn't be able to wait for those plates to get on the car. Temptation is just too much. As for the headers, your collector's shouldn't be a problem. The problem will be on the drivers side with your clutch bracket not clearing the header tube. I'll be at the shop tonight working on mine. I will take some pictures of how we modified my clutch equalizer bar to get it to clear. That was our major hurdle.
When you purchased the car how much info did they give you on the car? I wound up putting in a bigger 428 input shaft in my tranny to take the extra torque. We figured the 390 input shaft just wouldn't last very long. Of course with the bigger input shaft came a bigger pilot bearing in the back of the block. We hope to have her running by Sunday. Now go have some fun and turn a few heads.

Don :cool:

Perkchiro

Hey Don: What's the Spline count on your upgraded transmission input shaft? Just curious because the trans shop that rebuilt mine put in an upgraded 31 spline shaft to accommodate the increased hp from my 302 mods. Just wondering what kind of input shaft you'd need for those big block hard pounding ponies.

By the way Bandit, congrats on your new ride. It looks great!!!
Steve

joedls

It's about time, Shaun :wink:

First thing you do is go buy a set of new tires, because you're going to go through those pretty quickly. Enjoy!!!

miller511

Shaun,

Very cool. (Shaun's VIN is one digit after mine and sold at the same dealership in Portland, OR.)

I'm still hunting for a "Marv Tonkin Ford Portland" plate frame for my CS. Let me know if your interested (if I happen to find a pair...I only need one for myself)
BTW- My local Ford dealer here in Tracy, CA "Stan Morri Ford" has been in business here a long time. If anyone has a CS that was originally sold there, I'd be happy to pick you up a set of frames for you.

-Jeff

Diesel Donna

miller511 said:
Shaun,

Very cool. (Shaun's VIN is one digit after mine and sold at the same dealership in Portland, OR.)

I'm still hunting for a "Marv Tonkin Ford Portland" plate frame for my CS. Let me know if your interested (if I happen to find a pair...I only need one for myself)
BTW- My local Ford dealer here in Tracy, CA "Stan Morri Ford" has been in business here a long time. If anyone has a CS that was originally sold there, I'd be happy to pick you up a set of frames for you.

-Jeff

Congratulations Shaun!
I am still on the lookout for both of you for your Tonkin plates. I have a list I carry around with me at all times! I even have a friend in Portland who is searching for you.

~~~~Donna

Mustanger

Cool car ... now the fun begins with you getting it ready the way you want it, plus I'm sure you'll have a blast driving that beast ...

davidathans

Perkchiro said:
Hey Don: What's the Spline count on your upgraded transmission input shaft? Just curious because the trans shop that rebuilt mine put in an upgraded 31 spline shaft to accommodate the increased hp from my 302 mods. Just wondering what kind of input shaft you'd need for those big block hard pounding ponies.

Steve

31 splines in a C4???? The stock C4 has 24 splines ...and when i beefed up mine for my 347 we used a 26 spline input shaft, but your saying that yours have 31???!!! Wow...im curious to see what the C6's for the big blocks have as far as splines go too

RE: The Black CS.... Yaaaayyyaaaahhh!! Congratz!!

still looking for one

Shaun,
Glad to hear it survived the trip in good shape, and has found a good new home!!

You'll enjoy every minute of it!! Keep the forum advised as you get the niggles sorted, you will love it even more after you have it plated, and are driving it around.

case12

Shaun, I dont know how you survived that long of a wait. But, it is a real beauty! I would leave the painted stripes - it is a real touch of custom class and it looks very well done! Though I would change out the fog lights and front grill to get it back to correct GTCS. You have one very nice GTCS, and my envy! How does that 428 sound? Casey

Mustanglvr

I`m so happy for you Shaun! I know I about died because I had to leave my car for 3 hours so I could go get the money to pay for it. But when it was paid for and I was on the way home with it, I was smiling from ear to ear! You must have nerves of steel, Congratulations!!!!!

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Finally it's arrived, Shaun, you must be real happy. Getting any sleep? :grin:
Best of luck and let us know when you have more pics posted in your Gallery.

68gt390

Perkchiro said:

Steve

Steve;
it's a 10 spline set-up.

Don

CJ 56

Hi Shaun, Chris here from New Zealand, congratulations on the new toy. I just got my GTA ( 289 A code)today as well. Owned it for about 3 months, its an unfinished project, one of the many things wrong was a blown trans. Drove it for the first time today and the A code cut the back end loose so can understand how your car must go. GTA convertible with delux interior, Tach dash, my basic research tells me so far this is a rare combiation as most GTA's where 390s . Any way now I have a wet day car and dry day car, not that I would really take the CS out in the rain. Had someone talking to me about $60k NZ for my CS recently but I do not need the money ($35k US) I do not think they where serious so did not follow it up.
Chris

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

:icon_pani
CJ 56 said:
Hi Shaun, Chris here from New Zealand, congratulations on the new toy. I just got my GTA ( 289 A code)today as well. Owned it for about 3 months, its an unfinished project, one of the many things wrong was a blown trans. Drove it for the first time today and the A code cut the back end loose so can understand how your car must go. GTA convertible with delux interior, Tach dash, my basic research tells me so far this is a rare combiation as most GTA's where 390s . Any way now I have a wet day car and dry day car, not that I would really take the CS out in the rain. Had someone talking to me about $60k NZ for my CS recently but I do not need the money ($35k US) I do not think they where serious so did not follow it up.
Chris

hey Chris - how goes over there.

A GTA hey nice piece of history there. The BB does get up an party , but its a tight squeeze under the bonnet.

Now i have to convince the WA Gestapo to register the bugger, they are being pains in the A!#!@ at the moment.

I need to prove that 428CJ WAS AN OPTION for the CS back in 1968. otherwise they wont licence my car?
Typical bloody WA mindedness - or should i say Mindless!!!:icon_pani