• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fog Lamp Cross Check

My GT/CS was missing the fog lamps when I acquired her. The car is genuine according to the VIN code, but is not concourse material nor will she be anytime soon.
I would, however, like to install a pair of fog lamps that are as near to original as possible without paying the concourse price.
I have heard a rumour that certain other vehicles were equipped with the original style lamps. (possibly certain British cars of the mid '80s??)
Does anyone have any information on this, or any ideas on a reasonably priced close match??
Thanks for a great website!

rjw

Likewise my car, a documented GT/CS, came without the fog lamps. You might consider the Lucas lights with the "black backs" as opposed to the "chrome backs." As I understand it, they are the same dimension and were produced in the early 70's. You might run across them before the costly chrome backs and for a nice driver they should look fine.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The Lucas fogs were also on Shelbys and some Brit cars like Rolls Royce, Astin Martin and Jags, but I don't know what years. They show up on Ebay quite a bit. Do a search for "lucas fog" and you might get lucky. Don't expect them to be cheap though.

And the Brit cars may have a square pedestal base, which will work, but is technically not correct. The GT/CS has a round "pipe" stand that they sit on.

68sunlitgold

Billy,
The only other option for you is the Marchal lights. Depending on your build date you could have either Lucas or Marchal fog lights. Ford switched over on 26 April, so if your date is before that you can have either. Now for the bad news, Marchals are much more expensive then Lucas, they do come up on ebay once in a while but expect to pay above $400 for them. If you elect to go with Marchals you do not need the pedestals because they attach to the grille brackets. If you do not have these brackets Delta Bay mustangs sells them (email me if you need the phone #).
As for the Lucas, ebay is the best place to look for them, and the black plastic backed ones should save you some money. Good luck in your search.

Doug