• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Trim Rings

Duker

I was at a cruise night last week and a guy came up to me and told me I don't have the proper trim rings for a 1968 Mustang :confused:. It seems my rings have the right contour for a 68, being the little lip around the edge of the ring closest to the tire ect.

What he told me is wrong, is that the wide inner part of the rings, he states are supposed to be a "brushed stainless steel" not slightly polished. I actually saw the difference on his 68 fastback. It was a noticable difference.

Trims rings? Who would have thought. I was having a good time.

Can anyone give me some feedback please?

Duker

daveS

Interesting. Where does one get correct replacement rings for a '68 GT/CS ?

franklinair

No one I know of manufactures and/or sells the true original style trim rings. I could not find them for my cars. NOS would be hard to find, and I'm sure , very pricey. Would it be possible to somehow 'burnish' the available types on the market?

Neil

sam

I got NOS ones a few years back from Mustangs Unlimited in Connecticut. Also maybe Tony Branda in PA. has them?

Sam

OP
OP
D

Duker

Thank you for the info

My guy actually got his from a "GARAGE SALE" NOS in boxes.

Someone was an British Car enthusiast having a garage sale advertising just automoble parts. My guy went to the garage sale seeing MG parts and when they started to talk the guy took my guy in his garage and he had three 68 Mustang trim rings in original boxes and one with the box missing.

What a day that was for him.:tongue: This was last year the cost $40.00 go figure.

I can't be too jealous. I think we all have our stories about a special find!

Duker