• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 8R01J162112 302 4v J Code Car

vetteslick

For Sale – $30k 8R01J162112 302 4v J Code Car

I unfortunately need to sell my 1968 Wimbledon White CS and certainly would prefer to sell to someone in the community before I look outside and/or consign which will result in a higher asking price. As of this posting the car is not listed for sale anywhere else yet.

Quick background. I looked for a high quality CS for nearly a year and found that most if not all cars on Ebay, Craigslist, etc were beat, clones, over way overpriced for what they were. As a result I reached out to members of the California Special website and ultimately found a senior member willing to sell his car. Thus this car was not for sale prior anywhere until I was able to make a deal for the car offline. The prior owner is still an active member of the website and this car has been seen by many members. It has been completely and correctly restored, needs nothing, and can be driven anywhere. The car is gorgeous and has many options. I had the car shipped across the Country to Georgia where it has been a non-stop attention getter as very, very few of these cars are on the east coast and none this nice. The car is in the CS registry although I never updated from the ownership change.

I bought the best car I could find with intention to keep and enjoy it for a number of years, especially considering these cars are just starting to be recognized with values of high end cars rising accordingly. However two kids in college and costs for their cars and few others of my own have caused the wife to push to sell. I paid $30k for the car and all that has been done is a replaced the existing Holley carburetor with a brand new Holley Hi-Performance 679CFM carburetor (80670), general tune up, all new belts, and new battery. Car sounds great and runs like a top.

Car History. This car was interestingly one of only 5 cars originally shipped and sold in Hawaii. Car was retired to storage in around 1981 and sat for nearly 25 years when it was purchased and restored by the prior owner. Car has a mountain of restoration receipts, some pictures of pre-restoration, two 1981 license plates, some show trophies, but most importantly every original part that came off the car to include the original factory carburetor and exhaust manifolds. Car was in the CS calendar several different years which are also included.

Car includes a beautiful Elite 2012 Marti Report in glass frame as well as a 2005 Deluxe Report.

Call or email if interested – Don 404 606 0346 vetteslick@bellsouth.net
I would be happy to send photos or discuss details.

I have discussed with two consignment agencies who are both interested and indicate they can sell the car with a 10-15% markup above my asking price for their commission but as I previously said I would prefer to sell to someone who really understands and appreciates these cars and at the same price I paid for the car originally. For the money I think you would be extremely hard pressed to find a better car and better configuration of options.

Attachments

• Bridgemill Car Show 04262015 (4).jpg
    Bridgemill Car Show 04262015 (4).jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1059.jpg
    1059.jpg