• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Power Disc Brake Pedal

x-codegtcs

OK - I am still sand blasting and painting parts...lots and lots of parts. So, I blasted one of the PDB pedal assemblies - I just randomly chose one of the two blasted and painted it today. Then, while moving parts around, I looked at the other PDB pedal assembly and found it was different. One has a small "stop" bracket at the top where the pedal pivots on the bolt (the one I cleaned up) and the other has a large semi-circular "stop" bracket attached just above the switch rod. Are they both correct for 68? Was it factory related? Was it a change to have only one tool for both auto and manual PDB?

Attachments

• IMG_2797.JPG
    IMG_2797.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2798.JPG
    IMG_2798.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 46

CougarCJ

The painted one, does it have less of a jog or dog leg? It would be 1967 or earlier if it is straighter than the dirty one. Dirty one looks like those found on 1968.

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

OK - I think I have answered my own question - BUT would like an expert to validate. It looks like the one I blasted and "restored" is a 67 pedal. The shape to avert the steering wheel isn't as large, so I suspect it is for the straight, non-collapsable column. Any confirmations?

A strange side note, the 67 pedal bracket had a manual spring bracket on the top. Maybe this is more common than strange...

Attachments

• IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Thanks for validating!!! Back to the blast cabinet...and I will just hold onto the pretty one for my FB restoration 8-/

Ruppstang

Yep you did a 67 one, you will notice that the pedal pad is smaller on the 67.
Marty

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

I thought my eyes were just playing tricks on me! Funny! Well, the CORRECT pedal is in the sand blast pile...Thanks guys!!