• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Die cast GT/CSs

68gt390

Thought I'd post photo's of both Diecast models. The GT and CS to compare. Not the best photo's in the world but they'll do considering it's only 42 degrees out and I'm freezing my you know what off.

Don :wink:

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 44

68gt390

Midnight Special said:
...That's really neat Don! Are you going to have a diecast painted Royal Maroon?

Nope, according to Greenlight they are giving me the only GT/CS Diecast that is "Royal Maroon", the proto-type. That should be an interesting diecast. I'm sure it will have some flaws with it since it was the first actual painted one done and still needed corrections.

Don

Midnight Special

68gt390 said:
Nope, according to Greenlight they are giving me the only GT/CS Diecast that is "Royal Maroon", the proto-type. That should be an interesting diecast. I'm sure it will have some flaws with it since it was the first actual painted one done and still needed corrections.

Don

Neat! Make sure you give us a report on that and some more pictures of your RM/CS and GT posed together.

PFSlim

Don

They do look great. Thanks for sharing the pictures. In looking at your diecast cars, does it look like the wheels would be hard to remove??

Paul

CALIF GIRL

Santa must like me this year. I got the red with black top diecast car. It looks great..

68gt390

PFSlim said:
Don

They do look great. Thanks for sharing the pictures. In looking at your diecast cars, does it look like the wheels would be hard to remove??

Paul

Paul;
I'm still waiting to get my Diecast from Greenlight. Once I get those I'm going to experiment with trying to swap out the tires. There has got to be a way to do it without screwing up the car. There is a local hobby shop here I'm going to check with and see if they have any recommendations.

Don :wink:

nfrntau

My alcapulco blue car came in today. One day late for Santa but cool just the same. First thing out of my son's mouth, Can I play with it?
And of course my reply, Me first. lol

PFSlim

I have not received mine yet. Hopefully soon. Is that what everyone else has for tires (BF Goodrich), even on the blue car???

Paul

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Blue car and red car have BFGs. Turquoise car and white car have white walls.

PFSlim

I received my cars today and I am so pleased!!! The Acapulco Blue car is way, way cool. I will enjoy it for years to come.

If anyone is still on the fence about ordering these cars, my strong recommendation is to order it!! I think they are a great piece to have.

Paul

Midnight Special

PFSlim said:
I received my cars today and I am so pleased!!! The Acapulco Blue car is way, way cool. I will enjoy it for years to come.

If anyone is still on the fence about ordering these cars, my strong recommendation is to order it!! I think they are a great piece to have.

Paul

I got my three Blue cars last week. Beautiful!! I gave one away as a gift & the recipient thought I had paid $100-200 dollars for it!

68gt390

As has already been stated by Paul, if you haven't purchased your Diecast yet, they are well worth the price. I have been told by Greenlight they may do another run of models but, the next batch will not use actual foil for the script. That alone makes these models pretty neat. I received my models last week and they have already gone out to friends. I should be receiving the only "Royal Maroon" model this week. Am looking forward to that. There will be a Royal Maroon model in the future. Hope everyone had a great New Years.

If anyone has ideas of how Greenlight can improve on the model please let me know. There are a few items I have already talked to them about but, there is always room for improvement. Overall, I think Greenlight did a superb job.

Don :grin: