• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 Console Insert

1968Cally

Another question as I continue to freshen up my interior....

My console insert has some pitting on the chrome edges that I want to get fixed. So, I guess I will have to send it away to someone who can do it. Any recommendations?

Currently, the pockets for the seat belts are painted black like the rest of the "camera case" finish. I can tell someone had painted them in the past. The question is, to be correct, are those pockets supposed to be painted black or should they be chrome?

Thanks.

Dave

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Console Cups.jpg
    Console Cups.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 14

Ruppstang

No. But at that price for used, I think I will pass. Maybe I can make them out of an inner tube. :grin:

Good luck making anything that looks correct. I would watch the auction to near the end and then make a offer. Parts like these that are not reproduced are tough to find and expensive when you do.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Good luck making anything that looks correct. I would watch the auction to near the end and then make a offer. Parts like these that are not reproduced are tough to find and expensive when you do.
He had a "make an offer" option so I got him down from his clever price of $67.68 to $50. The GT/CS I had back in the 2001-2005 time frame did not have these inserts either. I did not lose any points for that at a Mustang Grand National Show in the Concours Trailered class. Hmmm.

Ruppstang

He had a "make an offer" option so I got him down from his clever price of $67.68 to $50. The GT/CS I had back in the 2001-2005 time frame did not have these inserts either. I did not lose any points for that at a Mustang Grand National Show in the Concours Trailered class. Hmmm.

You can bet I did not judge it.