• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Ever been challenged to a race?

68gulfstream

Someone must have mistaken me for Dom Toretto today. On literally my first public drive outside the neighborhood I was challenged to a race.

The car seems to idle low right after you start it so I was feathering the gas at the stop light to keep from stalling out. A young driver in the BMW M3 next to me, the one with the cambered tires, heard the ungodly rumble and took it as an invitation.

He rolled down his window and started waving at me like crazy. Even with my windows down I couldn't hear what he was saying over the deafening roar so I just gave him the thumbs up. He started smoking his tires and peeled out, cut in front of me, and left me in his dust.

I didn't realize it was a race. He didn't realize I was limping to the tire store on bald tires and never got past second gear.

CAMBERGANG 1
MUSTANG 0

robert campbell

Oh my god you need to let me tune your car and give you some lessons on "side stepping" the clutch at about 4,000 rpm!!! You will envelope that "fureign" piece of doo doo in so much tire smoke he will not know where you went or what is up or down!!

Rob

mbsf1970

Oh my gosh that's funny!! I bet he's telling an entirely different story. When I read this all I could picture was you looking like Clark Griswald from the European Vacation movies smiling and nodding ---completely clueless!
Love it!
Stephen

Batgirl89

Eric, thats so funny!
You need "GT 390" on your scoops :cool:, then people pull up and ask "does that really have a 390?" you reply "Yes", and they say, "wow thats so cool, have a nice day" all shriveled up, they drive away :grin:
-Sheryl