• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Two GT/CSs for Sale

GTCSMustang

Fellow GT/CS enthusiasts,

I find myself in a situation where I must (regretfully) sell two of my GT/CSs to generate money for another car purchase. Details on the cars are listed below. The price on each of the cars is the same, $16,500. If you are interested in either car please call me (do not respond to the site, I don’t always have access to it) at (760) 371-4466 PST. I can send better pictures of the cars in the next day or so, but today is a pretty nasty day here in southern California and I don’t want to get the cars out.

1968 California Special
VIN 8R01C151475

Verified with Marti report

Royal Maroon Paint
Black Standard Bucket Seats
19 March 1968 Scheduled Build Date
DSO 71 (Los Angeles)
2.79 Standard Axle Ratio
C-4 Automatic Transmission
GT/CS Option
Power Steering
Air Conditioner – Selectaire
AM Radio
Tinted Glass
Deluxe Belts
Wheel Covers

Car currently has white vinyl top which was likely dealer installed. Mileage is 47,100 which I believe to be correct. The car still retains the original black and yellow California plates and original exhaust. It is entirely rust free and in very, very good condition. It has been repainted once. Has all the appropriate GT/CS parts.

1968 California Special
VIN 8R01C150699

Verified with Marti report

Candyapple Red Paint
Black Standard Bucket Seats
15 March 1968 Scheduled Build Date
DSO 71 (Los Angeles)
2.79 Standard Axle Ratio
C-4 Automatic Transmission
GT/CS Option
Power Steering
Air Conditioner – Selectaire
AM Radio
Tinted Glass
Deluxe Belts
Deluxe Wheel Covers

Mileage is 69,200 which I believe to be correct. The car still retains most of the original red paint. It is entirely rust free and in very, very good condition. Has all the appropriate GT/CS parts. Dual exhaust with dual tips has been added to the car.

Thanks, Scott

Attachments

• DSC00463.JPG
    DSC00463.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

A daytime phone number to inquire about the cars is (760) 939-7481.

Scott

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Thanks for your interest. The red GT/CS is sold. The maroon one is still available.

Scott

Mr. Shelby Guy

Scott,
I couldn't help but noticing in one of the pictures that you have what appears to be a 1970 Mach 1/Boss 302. Is that car for sale?

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Good eye Mr. Shelby Guy. That's a 1970 Mach 1. 428 super cobra jet, shaker, 4-speed, drag pack, front and rear spoiler car. Original paint and interior and exhaust. Really nice unrestored car. Not for sale though.

hookedtrout

[quote author=GTCSMustang link=board=3;threadid=1139;start=0#msg6424 date=1099951079]
Good eye Mr. Shelby Guy. That's a 1970 Mach 1. 428 super cobra jet, shaker, 4-speed, drag pack, front and rear spoiler car. Original paint and interior and exhaust. Really nice unrestored car. Not for sale though.
[/quote]

I always thought everything was for sale! ;D

classicsguy

I noticed in pictures a white GT/CS, what drivetrain does it have? I suppose is not forsale but would like to know the engine and transmission. Thanks

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

The white GT/CS has a 289 2-bbl with automatic. It's interesting in that it has a Dallas DSO. Nice car with original paint and interior. It's not for sale, but you never know. Some other car could come up and force me to sell it if I need money.

Scott

classicsguy

Thanks Scott: Looks like an excellent purchase if its ever for sale. original paint cars are RARE and extremely desirable. If another toy comes along please let us know it will be availble for sale. Do you know of any GT/CS S OR J code project car for sale? I posted wanted ads in this forum. Let me know via PM. Thanks

390cs68rcode

I bought a car from Scott and can say he is a fine guy to deal with. I think the one I bought is in the background in the first or second photo. The gold one.

Any of these still available?

forgot to add:

the car I bought from him got 4th in the restored division at the Autorama in Houston in Dec 2004. All I did was have the engine detailed.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Thanks for the kind words. The maroon GT/CS is still for sale. The red one sold to a gentleman in N.J.

Scott

deestix

Mr. Gentleman from NJ, if you're reading this, send a note back and tell us more! This New Jersey resident and GT/CS owner would be interested in communicating with you about our cars. (There can't be too many others in NJ.)
Richard R.

Mosesatm

Jason, is this maroon car the one you had as Sam's last week?

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=3;threadid=1139;start=15#msg8182 date=1108258173]
Jason, is this maroon car the one you had as Sam's last week?
[/quote]

yep, that's the one. See the gold car to the right in the first photo? That is the other one I bought from Scott as well.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Jason,

The real savings comes when you buy a third car. How did the paint on the GT/CS trun out?

Scott