• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pebble Beige anyone?

aemoo28

Anyone out there have any photos of a "68 Pebble Beige GT/CS? I'd like to see what mine will look like if I paint it back to its original color.

I wonder, how many were made in this color? Hmmm? (I'm taking this moment and relishing it- do you know why??) :tongue:

P

PNewitt

I wonder, how many were made in this color? Hmmm? (I'm taking this moment and relishing it- do you know why??) :tongue:

<<raising hand high>> I know,I know!!! (but I can't tell yet)....

Pebble Beige makes me think of the color of women's foundation makeup color. Kinda tan, kinda.....ugh!!

Paul.

p.s. I like the idea of "my blood" RED stripes on it when it's "Seattle Goth" black.

J.Bart

i don't know how many were cs's, but i do know how many total 68's were pebble beige.
what is your interior trim code?
i have one of marti's books

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Interior trim code? 8RO1C150193? Maybe it's #1631-A. That's the number beside the '8' paint code exterior. The inside is black, so I'm thinking the exterior stripe should be black when painted back to PB? Right?

What color should I have the stripes for the black exterior? Would black stripes even show up? Right now I have Hertz gold GT/CS stripe kit. I'm leaning towards white stripes because the Master says so.

What do y'all think?

Midnight Special

...Here's how the black w/ gold looks. That's all I can say...

Attachments

• 0466.JPG
    0466.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 38

Mosesatm

Interior trim code? 8RO1C150193? Maybe it's #1631-A. That's the number beside the '8' paint code exterior. The inside is black, so I'm thinking the exterior stripe should be black when painted back to PB? Right?

What color should I have the stripes for the black exterior? Would black stripes even show up? Right now I have Hertz gold GT/CS stripe kit. I'm leaning towards white stripes because the Master says so.

What do y'all think?

Another vote for gold

somethingspecial

aemoo28; What color should I have the stripes for the black exterior? Would black stripes even show up? Right now I have Hertz gold GT/CS stripe kit. What do y'all think?[/QUOTE said:
I have always liked the red stripe on the black. Kinda reminds me of a Black Widow. Mike

franklinair

There is NO question in my mind. You have the absolute best color combination already in place. Black/Black/Gold Stripe. "It don't get no better'n that." The ONLY thing I would consider changing would be to install the Deluxe Interior (Black, naturally).:icon_ecst

Neil

J.Bart

it should be a two digit "number- letter" code to the right of color on the door tag. something like 2A or 7A

Mustanglvr

Her interior trim code is 2f for saddle standard bucket seats, mine is too. She`s got her Marti posted on the other thread. Amy, I think you should change your car back to the original colors. Here are some non-GT/CS pics for you.

Attachments

• 68-pebble beige.jpg
    68-pebble beige.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 68 pebble beige.jpg
    68 pebble beige.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 05_12saddle3.jpg
    05_12saddle3.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Mustanglvr

What do y'all think?

Amy, your exterior paint code number is 6 not 8.:smile:

franklinair

Oh my. All of this well intentioned advice. I thought the original intent was that Amy wanted a Black C/S. True? The car is just out of the paint shop. True? What's with the color change at this stage of the game? Please don't say that it's not the color it was "born" with. Some folks believe that's the only true method of restoration. I don't. I say build it the way you want it, and enjoy it. Door tags can be modified to reflect the car's present color/combos. Even if you show it in MCA, they don't ask for or require the Marti Report to verify the car's configuration at birth. Make it any color you like. Just be prepared to spend $8K or more to do it right. My 2 cents worth.

Neil

P

PNewitt

That black paint on Amy's CS is pretty nice...and to take it back to PB would be quite a job. I think while she's working on the mechanical parts...it should stay black.

I find that gold stripes tend to make people think that it's a clone. It's a non-stock color, and although it might look neat, it "isn't right". The white stripes are so stark that you can see the car a LONG ways away.... As old as these cars are...I'd stick with stock stripe colors in a traditional sense of restoration.

I've seen the red stripes, too. Quite nice! Amy--go get some red and white electrical tape at a hardware store, and try out places on the car, to see what you think. Just three foot sections...just as a test.

Paul N.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

The ONLY thing I would consider changing would be to install the Deluxe Interior (Black, naturally).:icon_ecst

Neil

Tell me about the 'deluxe interior', Neil. Remember I am a student now in this school of '68 GT/CS. How is it different than standard interior?

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

And PLEASE does anyone KNOW how many Pebble Beige GT/CS cars were out there, and exactly how many are left?

If ya'll knew, then you'd understand my consideration of changing the color back. An indication of its rarity is the absence of ANY photos out there on the 'net. I know, I'm playin' with all of you. I know how many were made.

Paul, sit quietly in the back row.

I'll keep it black for now, until the engine is pristine and perfect. Maybe I'll have the only 1/2 gold, 1/2 white striped black GT/CS car out there. Cut it right down the middle. You won't know unless you're looking at it from behind where the upside down "u" stripe on the trunk is gold on the left and white on the right. How does THAT sit with you?

Midnight Special

And PLEASE does anyone KNOW how many Pebble Beige GT/CS cars were out there, and exactly how many are left?

If ya'll knew, then you'd understand my consideration of changing the color back. An indication of its rarity is the absence of ANY photos out there on the 'net. I know, I'm playin' with all of you. I know how many were made.

Paul, sit quietly in the back row.

I'll keep it black for now, until the engine is pristine and perfect. Maybe I'll have the only 1/2 gold, 1/2 white striped black GT/CS car out there. Cut it right down the middle. You won't know unless you're looking at it from behind where the upside down "u" stripe on the trunk is gold on the left and white on the right. How does THAT sit with you?

...This is too funny ;-)
Amy - I think now you'd better go with white on right side, gold on the left and red on the trunk stripes.

Otherwise - Neil said it best :)

nates68

Amy, If You Go With Deluxe (black) You Then Have Wood On The Dash,differnt Door Panals With Wood Looks Good,check Mine Out.

Nates68

franklinair

Amy-
When I'm done with my '68 convert, I'll shoot some photos for you. I'm doing this interior in Nugget Gold to match the Sunlit Gold exterior. It'll be a killer.
This particular car interior was a mish-mash from Ford. Nugget Gold seats & door panels, black carpet & dash. When its done it will have the correct dark & light Nugget Gold interior (including the dashpad) with the woodgrain accents of the Deluxe interior. I'm keeping it ALMOST original, as the car is an unmolested survivor. I am adding the Deluxe interior & Argent S/S wheels which are not original according to the Marti Report. Rest assured though, the door tag will reflect the Deluxe interior. As I've said many times - build'em the way you like'em, and then enjoy them!!

Neil