• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gold GT/CS on eBay - Looks Nice

case12

de ja vu. car looks nearly like a twin to mine, and nice condition.

sunlit gold - yeah!:grin:

definitely an early car - see rear reflectors - wasn't the introduction of the GT/CS on 2/13?..and this is a 2/6 car? Paul N. might be interested in this one because I dont think dealers order cars till 2/13 if I remember my dates right.

don't like the GT gas cap (didnt come on cal specials) or the GT hub caps (shouldnt be there except on a true GT). also, the dash gauge assembly has to have been replaced - chrome plastic wouldnt be that shiny after nearly 40 years. but these are nit picking - This is a nice car.

i prefer my parchment interior - but this black looks nice. Casey

case12

another thing (please excuse my ignorance) - can 2/6 cars come with a 302? I thought those came later? Casey

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I asked the seller to either post the Marti report of send it to me.

Mustanglvr

He`s got the white letter tires on with the letters on the inside. He must have thought they looked better that way.

Mustanger

case12 said:
another thing (please excuse my ignorance) - can 2/6 cars come with a 302? I thought those came later? Casey

The 302 2V, F-code, came later (summer of '68 I think), it replaced the 289 2V, C-code ... but I thought the 302 4V, J-code, was available early in '68, it replaced the '67 289 4V, K-code. This engine was the same as the '68 Shelby GT350 except the Shelby had a 4V Holley on an aluminum Cobra hi-rise manifold plus the Cobra valve covers and air cleaner ...

RedGTvert

OK guys, help me out. I have bought and sold a lot of Mustangs over the years, and the market just keeps on improving. 65/66 FB are going for $20K in decent condition and $30K for excellent condition. 67/68 are going for 25-35K, 65/66 verts are going for 20-30K, why is the GT/CS not garnering the interest and price expected from a unique Mustang?

Is the starting price too high? If you look at the ones on Ebay right now, the only one getting action is the Blue one in CA at $12K, all the others with a high BIN are not even getting opening bids.

Just wondering.

Mustanglvr

Maybe because they`ve never been given the publicity that those other cars have had. It seems everywhere you look on tv and at the movies these days there is a 65,66,67 fastback,convertible or coupe.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Brief detour.

Here's a little known fact that amazed me the first time I saw it.

The '66 fastback is more rare than '66 convertible. 35,698 vs 72,119.

TYPE TOTAL PRODUCED
63A FASTBACK 27,809
63B FASTBACK PONY INTERIOR 7,889
65A COUPE 422,416
65B COUPE PONY INTERIOR 55,938
65C COUPE WITH BENCH SEAT 21,397
76A CONVERTIBLE 56,409
76B CONVERTIBLE PONY INTERIOR 12.520
76C CONVERTIBLE WITH BENCH SEAT 3,190
GRAND TOTAL 607,568

OK, back to our original topic.

RedGTvert

390cs68rcode said:
coupes just don't bring as much money as fastbacks. I prefer coupes over fastbacks.

True, but with all the restomods out there and all the Shelby look alikes, the CS/GT is a factory built restomod and was produced in small numbers, it just surprises me they do not garner more interest.

PS, I'll trade you a nice couple for that 68.5 since you do prefer coupes.

Gatorbait

I'm with Jason. I have had them all. I not only like the look of the coupes better, but to drive also. The fastbacks have a horrible blind spot out of the back.

case12

To correct my other comments - the LA dealer show was 2/15, and even though this is an early car, there are some as early as Jan, and even Dec, before the dealer event. Casey