• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Carmel by the Sea Concours on the Ave.

somethingspecial

My wife and I had our '68 GT/CS selected as 1 of 35 cars to be shown in a Special Edition of the Carmel by the Sea Concours on the Ave. this last Tuesday. I never had a chance to sit down as our car drew so much attention. I wish I had some Arlie cards to hand out. We even drew the attention of one man who was very curious about the car, it's history, and the restoration. Wayne Carini of the Discovery Channel's "Chasing Classic Cars" spent some time with me learning the history of the California Special. A good time had by all. No Judging, No Awards, Just a great day. Mike

Attachments

• carmel by the sea 107.jpg
    carmel by the sea 107.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 72
  • carmel by the sea 111.jpg
    carmel by the sea 111.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 76
  • carmel by the sea 114.jpg
    carmel by the sea 114.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 72
  • carmel by the sea 117.jpg
    carmel by the sea 117.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 79

Scott

Great looking car - you seem to have a mirror reflection on your boot (some say trunk) lid! Mine looks like it was finished with a cheese grater despite my best efforts to get it smooth. Now I've had another look, it doesn't even appear bent from the tension rods - do you have them installed?

Sorry to get off the topic, your car and the day looks great. Glad to hear the discovery channel guy has good taste too.

Sounds like all the reward you could ask for - who needs an award when you get to drive home in a Special.