• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 front end alignment

logue636@comcast.net

Putt all new tie rod ends, torque arms, center link, idler arms, sway bar. Does some one have a way to align the front end or just align it good enough to get it to a front end shop

nfrntau

I just eyeballed mine until it looked like the tires were pointing straight. The shop wasn't but a few miles away. As long as you drive slow and take it easy you shouldn't lose to much tread.

franklinair

I agree. I had replaced virtually ALL of the front suspension on my '68 conv. Took it to an alignment shop for finalization.

Neil

whodat

I did the same thing last week. Got it straight enough then drove it to the shop.

PFSlim

You can also use a tape measure. Go has high as you can outside to outside on front, low as you can, then the same in the back of the front tires. That will get you really close.

Paul

PFSlim

Cobra gets a front and rear end alignment at the local Goodyear Tire Shop.

Paul

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 27