• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Photo Your Winter Fun

franklinair

LMAO!! I had a friend with a '37 coupe racing @ the drag races (NHRA) with no throttle linkage. He rigged a wire to the carb for acceleration. (We used race a Chrysler 300B against a Mercedes 300SL Gull Wing. Had to put concrete blocks in the trunk for better traction.):eek:

Neil

calspcl

The car has been sitting in the garage too long! Thanks to prodding from friends, I purchased collector plates and Grundy insurance (I can now pull the car out on sunny days for some limited pleasure use)!

Took the beast out for a drive yesterday and fed it 92 octane no alcohol gas yesterday. It was great to get out in the beautiful pacific northwest winter we are having and make some noise!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Nothing like the feeling of an FE motor slinging some iron around about 2 feet in front of you!!!! Look out tires its time to exceed the limits of rubber to asphalt adhesion!!!

Rob

joedls

Just replaced my Roushcharger on the 07 with a Whipple. Made 525 RWHP on 13 PSI of boost and 91 octane. Made 575 with a small shot of nitrous on the 91 octane. Then we put 100 octane in it and re-jetted the nitrous.

I had some major belt slipping on the big shot of nitrous so now I have to get an 8-rib belt system.

joedls

OH MY GOD!!!! That is some kinda power!!! Parachutes yet?

Rob

If you notice, the torque is less than the power. That'll change once the belt isn't slipping. Torque is always higher with nitrous unless there's a problem.

Then I'll probably change the rear gears. I can't shift fast enough from 1st to 2nd without hitting the rev limiter with the 4.10s. I think I'll switch to 3.55s.

Midnight Special

Boy does TJ get to drive some cool cars including yours!

....Photo fun update from Renee, Rob & Joe's nephew / Neil's grandson / Ron & Steve's brother, TJ...

He bought an airline ticket to an E-ticket in Florence, Italy where he recently "tracked" a 650-horse Eleanor followed by today's cruise around Paris in a Lamborghini. His supercar exploits continue through the end of next week! ....I told him I'd update the rest of the family...... :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 36
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 25

PonyGal

Amazing photos! That kid has lived more in the past 5-6 years of his life than a lot of people live in their whole life. I am so happy for him!