• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Interesting Story tied to the Mustang Debut in April 1964

BroadwayBlue

My Dad purchased a 1968 Ford Country Squire station wagon from Larsen Ford in White Plains, NY and my family had purchased other cars there as well.

I remember spending time their as a kid during the purchase and getting work done on the car, etc. I had test drove a 96 Mustang at the same location in 96 but it was a different dealer by then.

I always wondered if Larsen Ford was the dealer that "hid" the Mustangs before they were introduced.

I had heard that Ford hid about 100 Mustangs that were going to be given to the press to drive from NY to Detroit.

They said the cars were turned over to the press as a surprise at the Westchester Country Club in Rye and that Ford stored the cars at a local dealer with underground parking so no one would see them.

I knew that Larsen had underground parking.

Larsen was also a big performance dealer back in the day similar to Tasca and others and sponsored a lot of drag cars.

I was Googling info on Larsen Ford and found this!

Thought it was interesting and would share it. It's actually a tragic story that I've never heard about but is tied to the debut.

http://openjurist.org/426/f2d/1151/gasperino-v-larsen-ford-inc

Last edited: