• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

So, I did a thing...

TexAg

Back in 2001, I bought a complete, but not running ‘67 coupe with a 3 speed and 6 cylinder. My purpose was to build a restomod, and use the donor parts to rebuild a ‘66 6 cylinder coupe that I had. So anyway, 10 years later I completed both cars, but was forced to sell them in 2010.

Fast forward to 2018, and while going through pictures, I became nestalgic and regretted my decision to sell nine years earlier. I went on the hunt and was finally able to get in touch with the then 16 year old kid (now 25) that I sold the car to. To my surprise, he and his father still owned it, and it hadn’t been wrapped around a tree! In fact, they claim to have only driven the car on sunny days. :rolleyes:

Anyway, after two months of back and forth, and another $1500 than I sold it for, I brought back home my first “build” project. It’s not a CS, nor a clone, but I’ve always wanted a Shelby or a CS, so that was the direction I went with. Anyway, my wife’s not all that excited,so I wanted to share with someone.

I don’t know how put pictures, if I can figure it out I’ll edit this.

p51

...Anyway, after two months of back and forth, and another $1500 than I sold it for, I brought back home my first “build” project. It’s not a CS, nor a clone, but I’ve always wanted a Shelby or a CS, so that was the direction I went with...

Not sure how far along you are, but if I were doing a clone I would do one that exactly replicated (externally) either:
(1) A "Little Red" Shelby clone or...
(2) A "Green Hornet" Shelby clone (a bit more work but what a GT/CS should have been IMO)

With resto-modifications of a 347 stroker, 5-speed, EFI, upgraded suspension, rack-n-pinion steering, subframe connectors, export brace, TMI seats, etc.

... but that's just me :wink: