• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Original Licence frames?

Tim_morrison82

Being in Australia, i did not know that originally dealers put there frames on the plates. I had "-ING" left on my plate, and could never work it out until someone showed me one.

A very knowledgeable friend from another forum gave me a bed for a few nights on a trip over east, and he gave me a tour of his workshop. i almost exploded with excitement when the first original frame i laid eyes on was the dealer who sold my car!

i was very fortunate for him to unscrew it from the wall and say "its yours"!

it wasn't in the best shape, but who's isn't as its one of the first things to go if run up the backside.

i was wondering if there was anywhere i should contact to get a second one?

does anyone know any places i could call or even better, email? what i am after is a North Sacramento dealer called Dick Wareing.

i am also on the look out for any info on the dealer that i can compile into a bit of a document to go with my cars story.

i have a friend heading over there in a couple of weeks, and ideally would like him to be able to bring back some goodies!

Cheers,

Tim

Mike M

Hi Tim -

I am on the same search myself, albeit for a different dealer. I've been searching ebay using the search "ford dealer license plate frame", and there seem to be quite a few results out there. The dealer I am looking for is Pat Grace Ford in Lemon Grove, CA, if any fellow members happen to stumble across one.

Mike

Batgirl89

I found mine on ebay also. Sometimes a single black plate will have the old dealer ring on it, so you have to look at the pics too, because they dont mention the dealer name in the tittle

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1349204218618.jpg
    ResizedImage_1349204218618.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 25
  • ResizedImage_1349204263568.jpg
    ResizedImage_1349204263568.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 21

Batgirl89

I am looking for Jim Woulfe Albany. if anyone has one/two (for another mustang)

Last edited:

whodat

I found mine on ebay. Dunton Ford in Santa Ana. I had it rechromed and did the paint myself. Mounted it on the custom plate.

OP
OP
T

Tim_morrison82

A bit of an update, i tracked a second one down on ebay, and it was living in England of all places! i paid $5 for it and its in better shape than the original,but the letters are a bit duller.

12+ months later i got a random email from a guy near Chicago, saying he had a dealer 'plate' that was not linked to anything he owned and he was wanting it to go to someone that might be interested. well i said yes as quick as i could!

Has anyone seen or heard of similar dealer 'plates'?

my new items:

IMG_20120523_100444.jpg