• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Correct stripe color of Highland Green GT/CS?

classicsguy

What would be the correct stripe color of a Highland Green GT/CS with ivy gold interior?

Marti report wont specify....I believed it got to match interior but there is no Ivy Gold stripe.

Thanks

Mosesatm

What would be the correct stripe color of a Highland Green GT/CS with ivy gold interior?

Marti report wont specify....I believed it got to match interior but there is no Ivy Gold stripe.

Thanks

I think the only stripe color for Highland green was white.

My 1st GT/CS was Highland green with an Ivy Gold interior and it had white stripes.

nates68

My Highland Green Also Came With A White Stripe.
Black Interior.

Nates68

gazrox

What about Seafoam Green with an Ivy Gold interior? I don't have any photos of mine before it was painted some ghastly blue. I have seen black stripes and white stripes but I'm not sure how I would determine what is correct.

One of the strangest things with my car is that it looks as though it may have been repainted highland green at the factory. The interior floor is highland green with no seafoam green underneath, while the exterior has highland green over seafoam green, and then at some point the blue was painted over everything. Weird!

Midnight Special

What about Seafoam Green with an Ivy Gold interior? I don't have any photos of mine before it was painted some ghastly blue. I have seen black stripes and white stripes but I'm not sure how I would determine what is correct.

One of the strangest things with my car is that it looks as though it may have been repainted highland green at the factory. The interior floor is highland green with no seafoam green underneath, while the exterior has highland green over seafoam green, and then at some point the blue was painted over everything. Weird!

...What does your Marti report say?

I have also heard (rumored only) that some cars already on hand may have been re-painted based on a specific dealer order...

somethingspecial

Mine is Highland Green with White Stripe, and the interior is Ivy Gold. The interior was originaly painted as Light Ivy Gold, but I found evidence it was re-painted Medium Ivy Gold before it left the factory. Nothing on the Marti, or the window sticker shows this, but Medium Ivy Gold paint was found in places indicating the interior was dis-assembled before the Medium green was applied, ie. steering column was removed, instruments, glove box, back seat Qtr. panels, etc. were also removed and painted. Something most dealers wouldn't do. My guess is the interior was repainted to fulfill a dealer request. It looked awful when I painted it Medium Ivy Gold, but it grows on you. Now I like it a lot. Mike

Timmknz

My highland is white striped as well - I think I'm going to put torque thrust D's on the car and I have a local source that can match the vinyl to the interior of the wheels- I think the dark grey of the inside of the wheel would make a cool color stripe on the highland green side and tail. I'll post pics when it get finished