• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

LAST CALL for registrations; Marti Reports for the book

P

PNewitt

I've set a due date of July 31st (2006) for all registrations of the '68 GT/CS and '68 HCS cars for the new book.

If you have not sent it in, now it the time to do so. I also accept photo CDs of photos (about 3-5 of more), or color photo prints.

Please Send me the following:
VIN
Door Tag info
Options (factory or dealer)
Owner-added items
Interesting stories
Build Sheet (copy)
Original Invoice (copy)
Dealer Paperwork (copy) (optional)
and....please send a copy of a Marti Report, if you have one.

I'm compiling what I have now, and it will be very detailed it it's final form.

Send it to:
Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

You may consider sending it via U.S. Priority Mail with a confirmation slip (so you know it got to me).

Thanks so very much!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

GTCSMustang

Paul,

Did you get the copy of the build sheet I sent you for the 428 HCS.

Scott

CALIF GIRL

Paul,

Will you be taking the Marti reports and other info from this site? Or do we need to send it to you?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi Scott--and yes, I did get your build sheet. I'll repro it in the book. Very interesting!

And Calif Girl--I'll "glean" as much as I can from this site--with many thanks to Jon, the webmaster!

Paul.

Canuck CSter

Deadline for Book

Paul,

I know yer bizy, but you got any info on my S code..

I did obtain a Marti.

Dale R in Ottawa

P.S. How come of all the talk of the hertz CS, we don't have any find of pictures..

Stacey Enderle

Gather up more goodies for your book,...

PNewitt said:
I've set a due date of July 31st (2006) for all registrations of the '68 GT/CS and '68 HCS cars for the new book.

If you have not sent it in, now it the time to do so. I also accept photo CDs of photos (about 3-5 of more), or color photo prints.

Please Send me the following:
VIN
Door Tag info
Options (factory or dealer)
Owner-added items
Interesting stories
Build Sheet (copy)
Original Invoice (copy)
Dealer Paperwork (copy) (optional)
and....please send a copy of a Marti Report, if you have one.

I'm compiling what I have now, and it will be very detailed it it's final form.

Send it to:
Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

You may consider sending it via U.S. Priority Mail with a confirmation slip (so you know it got to me).

Thanks so very much!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Hi Paul,

The Marti Report I ordered is a delux, I received an email from them informed me that I should receive it before the July 31st dead line. I found out that if I would have ordered the Elite, that one would have taken 6 months for sure. I hope to receive it before the dead line. Also too, I'll have photos of my car coming very soon. Would you prefer hard prints and copies of everything or e-mailed to you?

Best Regards,
Stacey

Stacey Enderle

Build sheet?

PNewitt said:
Hi Scott--and yes, I did get your build sheet. I'll repro it in the book. Very interesting!

And Calif Girl--I'll "glean" as much as I can from this site--with many thanks to Jon, the webmaster!

Paul.

Hi Paul,

This build sheet, is that a window sticker that's originally on the car? How do you obtain a build sheet. I did get a blank one to fill out, however I don't know heads or tails on how to do that.

Stacey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

The build sheet is kind of a holy grail for your car. But it's only one of those "I found it" things. Either stashed under the seat springs, or sometimes wrapped on the steering column, but most today aare not there.

Please DO NOT e-mail me scans, photos, etc. It will choke my little 56k modem to death! LOL!! (I know, I know...I need DSL, etc...)..

Just regular mail these things to me.

And thanks for going the extra effort to make the deadline. This time, I'm ready to go with the book and registry (despite my sidetracked projects).

Paul.

John McGilvary

Paul, I want to thank you for your dedication to the CS/HCS Mustangs. If it wasn't for your books the Special mustang story would never be told. My CS has always been special to me. But now days if you tell anyone that you have a California Special, they don't know what you are talking about, unless they collect Mustangs, then they know exactly what you are talking about. Hope you have all the info you need on my CS. John

Stacey Enderle

I'll spare your 56k modem,...believe me,...

PNewitt said:
The build sheet is kind of a holy grail for your car. But it's only one of those "I found it" things. Either stashed under the seat springs, or sometimes wrapped on the steering column, but most today aare not there.

Please DO NOT e-mail me scans, photos, etc. It will choke my little 56k modem to death! LOL!! (I know, I know...I need DSL, etc...)..

Just regular mail these things to me.

And thanks for going the extra effort to make the deadline. This time, I'm ready to go with the book and registry (despite my sidetracked projects).

Paul.

I won't choke your poor 56k modem to death. Believe me, I've been trying to get DSL for so long it hurts. Up here in Sabin. It's a dead zone. No one wants to bother with providing DSL to this little sleep town and it's only 6 miles from Moorehead. As soon as I get everything gathered up, I'll send it via priority mail.

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

Got my Marti Report!

:grin: Hi!

I got my Marti report today and very pleased with it. The dealer which the car was purchased is on that report, so that'll save me abit of work on getting the full history on it. (fingers crossed) I still have the original dealer's decal on the car as well. :grin:

As soon as I get the time I'll post my Marti report on the thread that's collecting them.

Stacey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi John,

As always, I hope to make ownership of a GT/CS a very much appreciated thing. Thanks for the compliment...

Stacey--can you snail mail me a copy of your Marti report? (your car's registered with me, right?)

thanks, Paul.

Mosesatm

Stacey Enderle said:
Up here in Sabin. It's a dead zone. No one wants to bother with providing DSL to this little sleep town and it's only 6 miles from Moorehead.

Stacey

Stacey? Stacey?! You're that Stacey????!!!!!

The Stacey with the red original GT/CS that was stored in Arizona for ever. Lived next to Steve Sellent until he recently got married and moved.

I'm Steve's brother in-law. The person who looked at your car a couple years ago. You're right, Sabin is pretty much a dead zone, except when Daisy and Daphne start whooping it up!

Stacey Enderle

It's a small world after all,...it's a small world,...

Mosesatm said:
Stacey? Stacey?! You're that Stacey????!!!!!

The Stacey with the red original GT/CS that was stored in Arizona for ever. Lived next to Steve Sellent until he recently got married and moved.

I'm Steve's brother in-law. The person who looked at your car a couple years ago. You're right, Sabin is pretty much a dead zone, except when Daisy and Daphne start whooping it up!

Well, well, well, I'll be tooten dog gone!!!! Howdy Howdy Howdy!!!! Yep that's me and thanks again for the info you gave me too. I wouldn't have found this site either if it haven't been for you! So how's it going for ya??? Yep Daisy and Daphne are still whooping it up. Once in awhile, I'd end up bringing one of them over back to Cody. Those dogs are so comical!

Actually my red original GT/CS had been in storage in ND in various places for at least 20 years before I finally got it to Sabin. So glad to see my baby again. I missed that car so much. It never was in Arizona. I got my Marti report the other day and found that the dealer that my dad got it from had ordered that car for another customer. Apparently that customer had returned it and got something else. My dad traded his "last" Cadillac for it. He finally got tired of those type of cars and wanted something different, my brother Drew spotted it and pointed it out. My Dad bought it at a heart beat. When he first brought it home. I didn't dare get attached to it. At the time, I didn't think I was ever going to get it. Later years, my brother had seen how I got so fond of it and was very gracious in letting me have it. I still so grateful that he did. :smile:

Stacey Enderle

Marti report

PNewitt said:
Hi John,

As always, I hope to make ownership of a GT/CS a very much appreciated thing. Thanks for the compliment...

Stacey--can you snail mail me a copy of your Marti report? (your car's registered with me, right?)

thanks, Paul.

Yup, I can sure do that and I'll send some photos as well. My car is registered with you.

Thanks,

Stacey

Russ

Hi Paul, I'm going to post the two Marti Reports on my two Specials. I don't know if you want/or have any phots of the cars, but I would be glad to email them to you. Do you desire to have "hard copies" of the Marti Reports and photos, or will email do as well? Thanks for all you do, Russ

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

To everyone--

Please DO NOT e-mail attachments (photos, etc.) to me, because the file size is too big (I'm at 56k).

Just snail mail these things (ASAP) to me at:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

thanks!

Paul.

obwan93001

Is registration still open?

Hi Paul. I saw that your deadline for submitting info to you for the book/registry is today 12/31/2007, please let me know if it's not too late. I forgot to mail you last week, got busy w/the holiday and all, and can send you my info via snail mail on Jan 3rd. I can email you a small Word doc with all the answers but wanted to ask first as you've specified snail mail due to attachment sizes. The size of the Word doc would be around 27kb, very small. My Marti report is already posted in that thread, let me know if you would need me to send that as well if you can accept via email. If not I totally understand and will snail mail from So Cal to you on the 3rd, I would tend to venture you'd receive the info within a couple of days after mailing.

Thanks Paul!

Happy New Year to everyone!