• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mailer: What would you like to ask GT/CS Owners?

KidOfPonyMaker

No rear mounted antenna on My NEW CS! Yep I am an owner now! When I originally was here, I wasn't!

Paul, I would like to be on the mailing list... K?
Holly Clark

BroadwayBlue

MCA Rules on Spares

Here are the MCA Rules on Spare Tires for 67-68.

B. Spare Tire and Wheel: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Proper type for year and model. Cars with optional wheels may have optional or standard wheel for spare. [/FONT]

Wheels: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Correct finish, mounted in original location with clamping parts of original style and finish. [/FONT]

Styled Steel: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Requires special hold-down plate with or without tabs. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Tabs mounted down inside wheel opening. [/FONT]

Space-Saver Wheel: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Optional 68 with styled steel wheels. Requires inflator bottle. Felt mat between jack and tire............. [/FONT]3 [FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Workmanship, condition and cleanliness ............................... [/FONT]2

robert campbell

Paul,
Our 1967 390 GTA Fastback had a space saver spare. It is long gone, but we remember it well. Off the subject, but a marker in time.

Rob

nfrntau

Paul,
I know we spoke of these items before in posts but I didn't see them listed.
1. Rubber grommets at hood blinker wire insertion points. (I think we have concluded that they were not original)
2. Correct placement of the CS scripts. Right side/Left side
3. Marchalls 653 or 656
4. Original stripe colors on exterior color X

I also agree with Steve. It would be very helpful for the folks that don't regularly hang out on the site to be able to see what you are asking. A picture really does say a thousand words. I would suggest about 16-20 thumbnails on a page with numbers relating to your question. They wouldn't have to be very large, just big enough for folks to understand what you are talking about.
Cheers
Bill

hicountrybob

Paul,
I know we spoke of these items before in posts but I didn't see them listed.
1. Rubber grommets at hood blinker wire insertion points. (I think we have concluded that they were not original)
2. Correct placement of the CS scripts. Right side/Left side
3. Marchalls 653 or 656
4. Original stripe colors on exterior color X

I also agree with Steve. It would be very helpful for the folks that don't regularly hang out on the site to be able to see what you are asking. A picture really does say a thousand words. I would suggest about 16-20 thumbnails on a page with numbers relating to your question. They wouldn't have to be very large, just big enough for folks to understand what you are talking about.
Cheers
Bill
Bill, your #1 ie. hood grommets, if any, are in reality plastic, not rubber. Bob here.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I have 24 questions on one page of the mailer, and unfortunately, no room for photos. I think that an in-depth questioning of owners should be here in the site (perhaps a special page), that I've directed to those who may not know of the site--yet.

I have enough data, and we know enough great folks here that can answer pretty much the heavy-duty-nitty-gritty stuff.

But--your idea is a valid one. I'll see what I can do.

On another note...we have greatness in our company. The "Kid Of" above is the daughter of one of, if not THE original designer of the '64.5 Mustang! I've been talking with her for quite a while. She's a very nice lady. Welcome Holly!! Great to see you here!!

Paul N.