• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1974 Ford Pinto Sold for $25,000

franklinair

I watch these auctions quite often,and firmly believe some people have more money than they know what to do with.:eek:

Neil

BigJim

My wife had one like that accept it was white with the fake wood paneling when we got married in '82. Over the years I replaced the doors, front floors and timing belt. We sold it in 88 or 89 and it was still running. In fact the AC was still putting out ice cold air when we sold it! People made jokes about them but they were solid dependable transportation.

hatchdog

My brother used to run a Pinto at our local 1/4 mile oval in the Fever Four class. In the beginning the Pinto was the car of choice but was later replaced by the Mustang II as the Mustang with coil over rear suspension was superior to the Pinto's leafs. Regardless the 2000 or 2300 Ford motor was motor of choice as they were pretty much bulletproff which lead to the Pinto's popularity in the beginning. My brother's car had the 2000 at first but we replaced it with a 2300. I drove the car a little bit and with the 2000 I could stomp the gas coming out of the corners and it would stay hooked up. The first time I stomped the gas with the 2300 I looped the car a few times. I learned to feather the gas somewhat.

That wagon in Arlie's link is really awesome, particularly for those of us who were around in the Pinto days.:grin: The color and interior are so 70's!

whodat

Here in South Louisiana there was a Pink Pinto that tore up the 1/4 mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk