• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2008 High Country Special??

ahainline

Was just thinking to myself and I am suprised I havent heard of anyone turning a new generation into a HCS version of the car. Did someone already do this and I missed it? I figured one of you HCS owners out there would have already. Just curious :)

P

PNewitt

Early in the 2007 model year, a Colorado dealership considered it, even setting aside many cars to actually do it.

But, somehow, it never materialized.

That doesn't mean that someone couldn't restripe their CS, and do the HCS shield emblem over where the GT/CS stripe cutout was on the fender.

And the (faux) gas cap center would have to be modified.

These could be registered by Bob Teets (if he'd be willing to take on that job--or maybe someone else in the HCS loop). Or, I could notate the change (of a late model GT/CS) in my registry.

I'm all for it. I'm just not sure how many people would be willing to do that. The shield sticker would have to be smaller, and I'd like to see the graphics a little bit updated.

If you think about it, it's a wonder that more local Ford dealers didn't make their own state's "Special" by changing the stripe and gas cap emblem. I remember that Texas Ford dealers pretty mad that they didn't get their own special back in '68.

Paul N.