• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Building a New Cobra Replica

PFSlim

I have finally taken the plunge. I have always wanted an AC Cobra Replica since restoring our GT/CS. Zach and I have finally agreed that it is time and look forward to another successful build. After completion, it will join my brother Brians 428 (Premier Motor Sports) and my brother-in-laws 302 (Factory Five).

I am planning to have a black (with dark grey stripes) FE car. Anyone with a 390 who wants to donate an engine, I am here!!

Oh... I guess this should have went to the off topic section. Sorry!!

Paul

Attachments

• DSC00084.jpg
    DSC00084.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 29
  • side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 25
  • calspec1.jpg
    calspec1.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Thanks Rich. I will keep you updated. I have the body picked out, I have the seats here in my office. They are building the frame currently. Front and rear suspension components already built. Just waiting on the frame.

Paul

dualies

Paul, I am thinking of doing the same thing, I heard FFR has a 2 day work shop where they show you how to do it right, are you going to that?

Midnight Special

I have finally taken the plunge. I have always wanted an AC Cobra Replica since restoring our GT/CS. Zach and I have finally agreed that it is time and look forward to another successful build. After completion, it will join my brother Brians 428 (Premier Motor Sports) and my brother-in-laws 302 (Factory Five).

I am planning to have a black (with dark grey stripes) FE car. Anyone with a 390 who wants to donate an engine, I am here!!

Oh... I guess this should have went to the off topic section. Sorry!!

Paul

Congratulations Paul :) Boy, if I had a spare 390 - I would certainly donate it to the cause just to be a part of the "P & Z team of restoration excellence"! I just returned from a biz trip to So. Cal to find a break in the weather today, so a 390 fix for me is only minutes away!!

Please keep us posted on your progress (off topic or otherwise) as we know it will be another outstanding, award winning creation.
:))

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Thanks Tim. I appreciate your comments.

Dualies - The blue car pictured above is a FFR. However, I am not building a FFR car. There is a builder here in KC that builds a closer replica so I have decided to build his car.

For your information, there is a very good FFR forum called FFCobra.com Lots of good information on that site regarding the building of FFR cars.

Paul