• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Free Speech on the internet

p51

Rhonda, interesting article. Thx for posting. It makes sense. Neither service providers nor people *reposting* material are held responsible for the content. However, the originator can be held responsible. When posting on the internet its a good idea to know what constitutes libel. So, just FYI for everyone...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slander_and_libel

BTW: Opinions aren't considered libel.

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Spoken words are slander and written words are libel from what I have always known.

mustgetastang2

I always thought that slander was directed at one person while libel is heard or read by more than one.kinda like you said,Rhonda.I dont think it matters how they are delivered,just who and how many hear them.