• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Big day for us today

PFSlim

Today is a big day for us and I am excited about it. First, I am suppose to meet our good friend Brian B. who has helped us so much with our car in providing parts and knowledge.

When we first started this project, so many of our parts were "okay" for the car we were building. In other words, alittle pitting was fine on chrome since we were not attempting to build a show car. However, now with Brian's help, we continue to add quality parts to the car making it more original every day. Thanks for your help Brian B!!!!!

Next, the windshield guy is coming with the new windshield. He will install as well as install the back glass and chrome trim. (finally, no more rides without a windshield)

As well, our body shop guy is visiting us to begin touch up of the little nicks here and there. His goal is to provide us with a final buff by the weekend. With a gallon of clear coat on the car, our final buff should be something to see.

Lastly, our interior guy is suppose to come today to finish the interior. He is to install package tray, rear interior quarter panels, back seat, and install our mat in the trunk.

So, wish us luck!

Paul

rjw

Gosh Paul, you are a brave soul tp schedule all of this on a single day! Good luck and hope all the installs go well!
Richard

hookedtrout

Based on my lifes experience I can assure you if I had that much on the table for one day half or better wouldn't show and I'd be sitting there all day waiting and about the time I really don't have time to do anything else exciting they would call and cancel.

Good luck the excitement shines through, let us know how it goes.

Hook

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1329;start=0#msg7653 date=1106144596]
Today is a big day for us and I am excited about it. First, I am suppose to meet our good friend Brian B. who has helped us so much with our car in providing parts and knowledge.

When we first started this project, so many of our parts were "okay" for the car we were building. In other words, alittle pitting was fine on chrome since we were not attempting to build a show car. However, now with Brian's help, we continue to add quality parts to the car making it more original every day. Thanks for your help Brian B!!!!!

Next, the windshield guy is coming with the new windshield. He will install as well as install the back glass and chrome trim. (finally, no more rides without a windshield)

As well, our body shop guy is visiting us to begin touch up of the little nicks here and there. His goal is to provide us with a final buff by the weekend. With a gallon of clear coat on the car, our final buff should be something to see.

Lastly, our interior guy is suppose to come today to finish the interior. He is to install package tray, rear interior quarter panels, back seat, and install our mat in the trunk.

So, wish us luck!

Paul

[/quote]

case12

You have done a great job keeping us all on the edge of our seats by describing the steps of your restoration. Your learnings benefit us all (thanks for the help you have given me at times). Can't wait to see the beautiful finish. Pictures please! ....we love pictures. Casey

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

We have had our share of no shows. But overall, we have some very talented guys helping us with motor, interior, and paint. In the end, it will all be worth the wait.

For those who do not know, our gallery page is on page 2 of this site (Paul & Brian Stevenson). My brother Brian is pbgt/cs on this site.

Great comments Casey. I appreciate them but if we could only give back a small portion of the knowledge we have picked up from others on this site- we (my brother and I) would provide a wealth of knowledge.

So.... Will see how the day progresses and hope to post new pics on our website tomorrow of today's activities.

Paul

bbeatty

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1329;start=0#msg7653 date=1106144596]
(finally, no more rides without a windshield)

[/quote]

Probably actually never top those!! ;D ;D ;D

Given what you started with, I can't imagine how great that first trip around the block must have felt like!

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I am sure you are right Brian B. My 11 year old son thought the world had stopped and turned on the side since he was riding and waving to everyone in "The Stang". Plus, the sweet sound of the dual exhaust (turbo mufflers) brought a few out of the houses.

Paul

rjw

Hey Paul! How did everything turn out today?
Richard

rvrtrash

For as much work as you guys have done yourself, I'm suprised you aren't putting in the package tray, etc., yourself. Be sure to watch the guy so next time you won't have to pay to have it done. Congrat's on nearing completion. I'll be out of Oklahoma in a few days and back home and I'm praying the streets are dry enough that I can cruise down to the local Taco Bell for lunch in the CS.
Steve

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Back from the garage tonight. Today was a great day!! The glass guy came and provided us with new windshield and installed our back glass. While there, he installed chrome and even our rear view mirror. Looks great!!

Next, the interior guy came and installed package tray, back seat, interior rear quarters, door panels, etc. We have a small rip in the pass seat bottom that he is taking back to his shop to fix. We will have it back by the weekend.

Then the body shop guy stopped by. He fixed a few of the "dings" that we have placed in the paint by putting the car back together. Still has alittle more to do before we do the final buff this weekend.

All and all, a great day!!

Steve: We made a great deal with a pro interior guy that included recovering all seats, installing headliner, carpet, everything in the interior-one base price for all the work. As it turns out, we have been slowing putting the dash in and other things waiting for him to come. After he installed the carpet, we installed the console because we really wanted to take our time. Other than that, is has been a blast to watch this guy do the work.

Will post new pics of our progress today on our gallery.

Paul

RacingFan

:eek: Paul/Brian,

All I can say is wow. You guys have really out done your selves. What great work! My hat is off to you. Humbly, Dave.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

A many thanks RacingFan. ;D ;D

I have posted new pics from last night on our gallery. A flurry of activity.

Paul

rjw

Looks great! Always fun to watch one come together!
Richard

hookedtrout

Coooooooooooooool! Bet you're getting way excited the closer to completion you get.

Hook

rvrtrash

It's really looking good guys! You've done a great job. Doesn't it feel good to be so close, especially when you look at where you started from? Come on Spring!
Steve

PB gtcs

Folks, I gotta tell ya, this has really been a great project. The cost of the car and parts, eeeh, the experience of being able to do this with a very good friend (my brother) and his WIDE eyed son (Zach), well, priceless. We too look forward to some warm days. As well, we look forward to first weekend in March for the World of Wheels show. It will be the "official" unveiling.

Again on behalf of Paul and Zach, Thanks to all of you folks for your help and encouragement. We hope we can repay folks for their kindness by "paying it forward". Let us know how we can help.

Brian

68gt390

Brian;
Looked at your pictures in the Gallery. Very, very nice.
You've definitely built something to be proud of. Good luck with your unveiling in March.

Don ;D

junkgtcs

brian,
car looks awsome seeing how your car started makes me think that my car isnt as bad as it could be!! well your car looks great cant wait to c the car complety finished!!
robert