• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GTCS for sale in NC Craigslist

Magnum

This is my car and I had it posted on this site earlier but had no luck selling it. I have now put a new headliner in the car and thought I would try Craigslist. It really is a solid, low mileage car that will make a great car for someone.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Magnum that is a very nice car!! Did you buy it from Curtis in CA? He had some very nice GT/CS and HCS project cars for sale.

franklinair

I remember this car- from CA. Looks loike a GOOD candidate, unfortunately @ $12K there's not enough 'wiggle room' for me, to do a resto to the level I would want to do(inside & out + engine) on the car.:cry: And I wouldn't want to insult the seller with a low enough offer.

Neil

Last edited:

Magnum

Magnum that is a very nice car!! Did you buy it from Curtis in CA? He had some very nice GT/CS and HCS project cars for sale.

Yes, this is the car that Curtis had. I purchased the car from him and never really did anything with it except to take it to a higher level than where it was. I added wheels, tires, brakes, fuel level sending unit, shocks, dash pad and headliner. It is a great car but my interests are in other things right now.

The car will be perfect for someone that would like something that has not been all beat up and fixed. An inexpensvie paint job (if there is such a thing), carpet and miscellaneous chrome will take this car a long way.

I actually thought about getting a quick Maaco paint job on it and then trying to sell but I have sunk enough money already and don't wish to spend anymore.

Thanks for the kind comments though!

wsmjrpe

Magnum,

I'm interested in the car. I'm looking for a companion 68 to show along side my 08. Can you send me some pics along with a scan of the Marti report?

Sincerely,
Wayne Moore
w.moore@manda-inc.com

Magnum

Thanks for all of the new interest in my GT/CS. I am excited to say that I have a firm committment from someone to purchase the car. He saw the car when it was originally posted for sale by Curtis and he contacted me when he saw it this time. I believe it will be going to a great home and it will be in the hands of someone that wants to return it to it's old glory.

Thanks again!

Mike M

Hi All - I am the proud new owner of David's car. I feel very fortunate to own this vehicle. It is as straight, solid, and original as David (and Curtis) described. My plans for this car are few - some light restoration, but mostly just careful preservation. I'm sure you all will see plenty of questions from me that will hit the site as I work through the car!

Thanks all - I've been a guest on this site for a long time, and have learned much from the various postings. Looking forward to becoming more active in the community.

Mike

Ruppstang

Congrats Mike!
You have a real nice unrestored GT-CS. We bought our HCS from Curtis and your car was our second choice. I am looking forward to seeing your progress on the car. Marty

albertpaul68

Hi All - I am the proud new owner of David's car. I feel very fortunate to own this vehicle. It is as straight, solid, and original as David (and Curtis) described. My plans for this car are few - some light restoration, but mostly just careful preservation. I'm sure you all will see plenty of questions from me that will hit the site as I work through the car!

Thanks all - I've been a guest on this site for a long time, and have learned much from the various postings. Looking forward to becoming more active in the community.

Mike

Hmmm. congratulation on you new car. You accept a absolute nice unrestored GT-CS. We bought our HCS from Curtis and your car was our additional choice. I am searching advanced to seeing your advance on the car. Marty