• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

10-Spokes or Styled Steel?

Mosesatm

Before I spend a ton of money I was hoping for some input on which wheels you think look better.

Attachments

• 10-Spokes.jpg
    10-Spokes.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Styled Steel.jpg
    Styled Steel.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Mustanger

If you're a factory purist, then the SSWs ... if however, you can appreciate what I like to call Vintage Ford/Shelby Performance, then go with the 10-spokes :thumb: ... they're lighter, and the 15's are a little better than 14's ... Shelby liked these enough to put them on his '69 GT-500 conv that's being featured at BJ ...

joedls

I wouldn't even think twice about it. For me, it would be the ten-spokes. But I tend to go with what I like more than originality.

P

PNewitt

Well, first of all, your GT/CS, Arlie, is GORGEOUS!!

The ten spokes, especially if they are polished definately speak "Shelby". It will lean the look of your CS towards the "Little Red" look. For people on the street, it will further convince them of your car being a Shelby Coupe. I personally love those wheels.

The SSW, in chrome, look nice,too. They are very nice wheels, and they are on my CS, too. The chrome looks great on the road. It gives the car a real Mustang Class look. If you want to go with a Mustang look, go with the SSW. If your GT/CS is also a GT, I'd go with the SSW and the GT caps, to express the rarity of the GT option...

The GT/CS is the only Mustang where you can go either way--in a heritage kind of way, since it's 1/2 Shelby. The 15" wheels do have a bigger stance, and a little more impressive in that way.

It's a tough decision. More of a personal choice. It depends on which message you want to express-- Shelby or Mustang?

Paul N.

68gt390

I have to agree with Paul. I love the SSW in chrome with the GT center caps. Really sets up the paint in my opinion. But, that's just me.

Don

Attachments

• Potter 4.jpg
    Potter 4.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 51
P

PNewitt

Absolutely, Don, since we have "sister cars"....anyone that has a GT option should flaunt it through the SSW wheels, chrome version, with the GT caps.
(however...here is a photoshop test I did of my CS (in San Diego) with the Shelby Five-Spokes, that were a '68 aftermarket wheel from Shelby, before they were used on the '69 Shelby. These were advertised in Hot Rod in 1968. The '68 version used the CS center cap. I like them, because the beltline side stripes mimick the '69 Shelby).

If one were to go with the Ten Spokes, I'd strongly suggest having them highly polished, and dark grey metallic, or semi-gloss black painted in the recessed areas.

The ten spokes used on the '67-'68 Shelbys were not polished, etc., but since the GT/CS has a 'customized" nature to it's origins--and the SoCal culture factor; I'd make them look as "special" as possible. I'd also use the "CS" center caps, since they would be period-correct, and you could take advantage of the CS meaning Calif. Special as well.

Paul N.

Attachments

• pmnwheels.jpg
    pmnwheels.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 58

Perkchiro

Hey Arlie, I had the same hard decision to make with my car. I like the look of both the 10 Spoke Shelby's and the SSW. It was a "toss up" for me but I went ahead with the 10 spokes for a "meaner" look if that makes sense. I have my SSW in storage and intend on restoring them for swapping if I change my mind in the future. I think your car looks great either way but I would vote for the 10 spokes:wink:

Attachments

• GTCS November 07.jpg
    GTCS November 07.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Hey Arlie, I had the same hard decision to make with my car. I like the look of both the 10 Spoke Shelby's and the SSW. It was a "toss up" for me but I went ahead with the 10 spokes for a "meaner" look if that makes sense. I have my SSW in storage and intend on restoring them for swapping if I change my mind in the future. I think your car looks great either way but I would vote for the 10 spokes:wink:

That's exactly where I'm at Steve. I've always liked the looks of the 10-spokes because of the aggressive look but wasn't too sure about an agressive look on an aqua car.

Are your wheels from Vintage?

p51

My vote is Shelby 10-spoke if your not so interested in being a purist in the original look of the car....

Perkchiro

That's exactly where I'm at Steve. I've always liked the looks of the 10-spokes because of the aggressive look but wasn't too sure about an agressive look on an aqua car.

Are your wheels from Vintage?

Yes, I internet ordered them from Vintage Wheels. Just so you know, I think they look great on a Aqua car and it does add that "agressive" , "I mean business" look. Either way, you gotta very sweet looking car.

GT/CS S Code

10 spokes or SSW ....

They both look absolutely great, but after some "soul searching" I think we're going to go with the factory chrome styled wheels with the trim rings and the GT centre caps on our car .... especially since our "S" code Marti'd out as an actual GT equipment group option car! (I must admit that I kind of agree with Paul's comments on that) We'll take off the existing mags and if at all possible replace them with the factory styled chrome wheels before we head down for the NW Mustang Roundup in Bellvue in July.

Either way, it'd still look terrific Arlie .... you have a very nice looking car! :icon_ecst

rdysart

wheels

I think I have the perfect solution for the (wheel deal). Lets get 2 cars and have the best of both worlds. Its only money LOL............I love spending other peoples money. Either way you decide to go you have a WINNER. With this group effort you can't go wrong. Good luck, Rick in Virginia