• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 10 spokes

sjacks

I purchased on old pair of Carol Shelby 10 spokes about a month ago and with a lot of elbow grease, have brought them back to their former glory (or as close as I can get). I've owned her for 25 years now and this is the 1st major styling change I've done. Now I finally have the opportunity to detail the Style Steels before putting on the shelf for safe keeping!

Attachments

• P1000048a.jpg
    P1000048a.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 76
  • P1000050a.jpg
    P1000050a.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 74

sam

They look mighty fine. I hope to do that someday. Your hard work pays off!
Sam

robert campbell

I purchased on old pair of Carol Shelby 10 spokes about a month ago and with a lot of elbow grease, have brought them back to their former glory (or as close as I can get). I've owned her for 25 years now and this is the 1st major styling change I've done. Now I finally have the opportunity to detail the Style Steels before putting on the shelf for safe keeping!

Mike Jewell,
This car has early recessed reflectors. Do you know its Marti report? It may be yet another early car.

Rob

OP
OP
S

sjacks

The car was built Jan 13th 1968 and is approx number 81

I've added some pics of the wheels before and after. A combined effort of etching wheel cleaner, 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper, medium rubbing compound, mag polish, cleaner wax and two weeks of elbow grease did the trick.

Attachments

• Rear after.jpg
    Rear after.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Front after.jpg
    Front after.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Front b4.jpg
    Front b4.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Rear b4.jpg
    Rear b4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 29

somethingspecial

Scott, was your car originally Sea Foam Green? Do you have a Marti Report for your car. I have one in the Registry under your name, but no Marti. The car looks great and I love the color. Mike

OP
OP
S

sjacks

Mike, Paul Newitt's register shows her as an O paint code (seafoam) and the Marti Report shows her as an I paint code (lime gold). Although since I've owned her (25 years), she's has always been the dark red or burnt orange in the pics which was done by the original owner(s).

robert campbell

Mike,
Another car before the debut date. The car in the classified ads that Arlie posted is yet another.

The cars pulled off the line are surfacing...

Rob