• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Candy Apple Red Finished Photos

Scott

Hi, Here's the photos I promised some time ago of the RHD special after restoration. This was half way through the 2300 mile round trip to Adelaide.

Attachments

• 20091205 GTCS ADELAIDE1.jpg
    20091205 GTCS ADELAIDE1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 20091205 GTCS ADELAIDE2.jpg
    20091205 GTCS ADELAIDE2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20091205 GTCS ADELAIDE3.jpg
    20091205 GTCS ADELAIDE3.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 114
  • 20091205 GTCS ADELAIDE5.jpg
    20091205 GTCS ADELAIDE5.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 111

Ruppstang

Very very nice! Our HCS is red /w white stripes too. Gets me excited to see yours. Marty

OP
OP
S

Scott

Hey, just wanted to let y'all know that moving to Sai Gon and storing your special with your brother in law is a painful experience. My 240Z has gone to a pal who promises to treat it as brutally as I do and the Evolution 7.5 is with my mother-in-law (she likes how it doesn't have to struggle to get up the hills near her home - I think she just likes four wheel burnouts).

My wife and I are over here for three or four months to see how differently people live. First problem isn't the motorbikes, it is the limit on displacement... only 115 cc! Add to that the police interceptor models are 80s CB 250s and I can't work out how to get me one. How's that for one final slap in the face of the American and Australian pull out. Although there are bike shops called rebel USA! Not sure how they make a hog from a 115cc but I'll try finding out.

Anyway, that's it for me for four months! Then I'm home for a short 4000 mile cruise to visit all the family and off to the goodwood revival in september (UK) anyone else going?

Best Regards,
Scott

OP
OP
S

Scott

Back in the special again

Hi, I've really missed everyone here!

Finally back in Australia after four months in Vietnam and it was a great experience and lots of fun but I really missed Australia and my cars.

Check out the wheels I bought while there, 1978 Honda Little Cub 14 (14 inch wheels) restored, new paint colours etc - originally 49cc but had the top end replaced and taken out to 65cc and electric start added! Glad Siagon was flat as I'm 85kilos. Have a look at how well my brother and father cared for the special while I was gone. Peter even polished the wheels for when I got home and had the battery on the charger to make sure it turned over. Only complaint is an incredibly loud squeak in the upper RHS suspension. At least it covers all the other rattles and squeaks until I get it cleared.

The Viets apparently block californiaspecial.com from being accessed. No idea why as the US is now their biggest trading partner but I really missed being able to keep up with the discussion about moving from 2V to 4V, Arlie and Rob's visit, trying to work out just what the problem was that Arlie or Rob were describing before one of them found the solution and especially Neil's project! All that and I'm only starting to catch up on the discussion forum!!

Anyway, I'm around for a while before heading off to find some cool roads in the south west of europe and take in the Goodwood Revival.

Scott

Attachments

• 100418 1972 Honda Little Cub 14.jpg
    100418 1972 Honda Little Cub 14.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 23
  • P8010199.jpg
    P8010199.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 29
  • P8010200.jpg
    P8010200.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 22
  • desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 27

GT/CS S Code

Yep ... gotta agree that Candy Apple Red is a nice colour!

Great job on on your car!
Gotta love that Candy Apple Red with the white stripes. Nice GT wheel set too!
(Not that we're in any way biased ...)
:grin:

Attachments

• Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 039.jpg
    Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 039.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 28

franklinair

Scott;
Good to hear from you again. Sounds like your 4 month tour went well. Here's a photo of my '68 convertible I recently completed.
I can't seem to upload the photos of my C/S. Its all completed now, and I upgraded the interior to the Deluxe version. PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send you the photos. Welcome 'home'.

Neil

Last edited: