• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

When you see another GT/CS while driving..

P

PNewitt

What do you do?

What if you're in your 1968 GT/CS, and you see another one on the road.....do you just wave? Do you make motions to pull over and talk? Do you make chase to where they live??? Do you hope you'll catch up on the freeway...and then what? Mouth the words: "wanna pull over"???

And then....what if you're in a late model, and see a '68? Or, if you're in a '68 and you see a late model? Or you're in a late model and see another late model GT/CS? What's an owner to do??

I know you have stories to tell....I have mine from many years ago when I'd "chase" GT/CS Mustangs for the Registry...

So, tell us what you've done, and how it's worked out (or not worked out, LOL)...

thanks!! --Paul N.

Mustanglvr

I would most likely chase the 68`s down, just for the sake of the registry. The new ones I would`nt chase them, but if I had the opportunity to speak with them, I would. I guess I would feel a history lesson would be in order, lol.

HappyHour

I have seen a 68 Shelby and given the "Shelby" nod (long check out the ride with a approving nod at the end)....havent seen the 68 CalSpec in motion but would depend in which direction they were going in.

If it was Donna I would wave at her through my rear view mirror. :grin:

joedls

I usually just wave or give them a thumbs up. If I am stopped next to them I'll tell them they have a nice car. It's a funny thing down here in my part of the country. It seems like people driving the old classics always smile, wave back, give me a thumbs up, or somehow exhibit their appreciation for me acknowledging their vehicle. Drivers of the newer vehicles, for the most part, don't.

I don't get it.

Mustanglvr

I usually just wave or give them a thumbs up. If I am stopped next to them I'll tell them they have a nice car. It's a funny thing down here in my part of the country. It seems like people driving the old classics always smile, wave back, give me a thumbs up, or somehow exhibit their appreciation for me acknowledging their vehicle. Drivers of the newer vehicles, for the most part, don't.

I don't get it.

It`s the same way here too Joe.

franklinair

I feel like the loneliest man in town:(
NO C/S's here in the mountains of NC, although I get a lot of thumbs-up when I have it on the road. Last week I pulled up in front of store front, and ALL the employees were at the front plate glass window gawking at the car. They all had a lot of nice comments about it, but not one kind word for the old fart driving it!!

Neil

CJ

I feel your pain brother...............no respect!

Mosesatm

I feel like the loneliest man in town:(
NO C/S's here in the mountains of NC, although I get a lot of thumbs-up when I have it on the road. Last week I pulled up in front of store front, and ALL the employees were at the front plate glass window gawking at the car. They all had a lot of nice comments about it, but not one kind word for the old fart driving it!!

Neil

I've never seen another '68 GT/CS on the road, but I did receive a marriage proposal from a young lady the other day. I think her exact quote was, "I'll marry you if you give me your car."

I would have ended up on the losing end of that deal, but it's good to know that us old farts still have options!

Mustanglvr

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Seuss

Midnight Special

I feel your pain brother...............no respect!

...Oh c'mon CJ. You know better than that!! (I know better than that;-)

I'm with Joe. I wave, smile and acknowedge most classics and some new. The new (younger) owners don't respond for the most part, but retired types in new GTs or Shelbys do! I also had an '07 CS owner park next to our '68 & wait for us to come out of a restaurant to diccuss the type recently...

I don't see myself following or chasing anyone down, but would certainly engage in a gas station or parking lot. I get alot of pleasure when folks do that with us ;-)

quicknick

I would love to see another CS anywhere! I'm the only one in this neck of the woods.(the one I sold my neighbor last year doesn't count)
I think thats a good thing...... right?

Diesel Donna

I have seen a 68 Shelby and given the "Shelby" nod (long check out the ride with a approving nod at the end)....havent seen the 68 CalSpec in motion but would depend in which direction they were going in.

If it was Donna I would wave at her through my rear view mirror. :grin:

Robert...so are you saying that I am slow? Okay, now it's ON! :grin:
Bring it!

DD

CJ

They all had a lot of nice comments about it, but not one kind word for the old fart driving it!!

Tim; I was making reference to the "old fart" driving the car, not about never receiving accolades about my GT/CS or otherwise. Just trying to comfort another "old fart".

CJ

Midnight Special

...I know. And I still disagree! Then again, I've always respected old farts...I mean; experienced senior citizens :) Who better than to show those of us a few rungs lower how to do it right!

Attachments

• IM001407.jpg
    IM001407.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 24

HappyHour

And here I was thinking he was telling all of us that you have been stalking him..:eek:

Well she didnt have very far to stalk me since we both lived in the Inland Empire but now the CS is back up in SF so it would take 2 tanks. :grin:

Ill make sure to post my schedule this weekend in case anyone wants to stalk me while Im out for a drive in CS. I do have to say Tim has been much more fun to stalk lately....there are always perks involved like trains, planes, and automobiles. :cool:

aemoo28

I try to pull everyone over and harass them. If I see one parked somewhere, I'll park right next to it and wait for the owner to come out. Stalker is my middle name How else do you think I catch these Mustang people and drag them into my car club? It's worked twice now, and now I have 2 more CSs in my club!!!

And at the car shows I make the non-CS car move so the CSs can park side by side when they put the '08 GTs together without a CS class.

Look for me in Southern California August 22, Friday, on 101 north. Should be leaving El Segundo by noon.

Black with gold stripes- I will go back to original some day, but for now, I'll keep the black and gold. I KNOW- gold wasn't a color choice for stripes in '68. I KNOOOOOW. I'm keeping it so you'll know it's me!

So honk me over! Or I'll honk you over! Meet me on the side of the road! Or see me when you exit the deli and return to your car. stalker...

franklinair

Keep the gold. There's nothing wrong with a little product improvement!!

Neil

J.Bart

(Black with gold stripes- I will go back to original some day, but for now, I'll keep the black and gold. I KNOW- gold wasn't a color choice for stripes in '68. I KNOOOOOW. I'm keeping it so you'll know it's me!)

i want to see pictures of the gold stripes, please

Midnight Special

(Black with gold stripes- I will go back to original some day, but for now, I'll keep the black and gold. I KNOW- gold wasn't a color choice for stripes in '68. I KNOOOOOW. I'm keeping it so you'll know it's me!)

i want to see pictures of the gold stripes, please

...Yes, I would like to see pics of her's too. Mine is in my gallery. And I am not changing it back...