• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti Report for GT/CS

sally67

I have what I believe to be is a GT/CS. I obtained a Marti Report (Deluxe for $44.00) on the car and it does not indicate the car is a GT/CS - it was built at San Jose, and it has the first four digits of the vin which indicate a GT/CS. My question is do all Marti Reports for GT/CS cars indicate the car is a California Special or not? Is it possible to have a GT/CS that does not indicate such on a Marti Report? Thanks for your help.

Brian

Mustanglvr

If the Marti report does`nt say California Special than its not a true GT/CS.

case12

The Marti Report is the most definitive way to go, and California Special is spelled out on it as an option. If it is not on the Marti Report, then it is not a CS. I have never heard of it being otherwise. I presume the VIN numbers match on the dash on on the door? Casey

68gt390

[quote author=sally67 link=board=1;threadid=1331;start=0#msg7680 date=1106225922]
I have what I believe to be is a GT/CS. I obtained a Marti Report (Deluxe for $44.00) on the car and it does not indicate the car is a GT/CS - it was built at San Jose, and it has the first four digits of the vin which indicate a GT/CS. My question is do all Marti Reports for GT/CS cars indicate the car is a California Special or not? Is it possible to have a GT/CS that does not indicate such on a Marti Report? Thanks for your help.

Brian
[/quote]

Brian;
Simply because the car has the first 4 digits "8R01" doesn't mean it's a GT/CS. It may be a GT or just a mustang produced at the San Jose Plant. As has already been stated it must show in the Options section of your Marti Report "California Special". I have two cars both produced at San Jose and both start "8R01". One is a GT and the other is a GT/CS which is clearly stated in the Options section of the Marti Report.

By the way, does the car have the CS items (fiberglass rear deck with spoiler, side scoops, thunderbird rear tail lights, hood locks, Lucas or Marchal Fog lights, California Special Script on rear quarters, Mustang script on fenders and rear deck spoiler, and GT/CS striping?

Don