• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 AC Wiring question

x-codegtcs

OK - finishing up the wiring on the AC - I think I understand what is going on, but want to check with the experts:

The main under dash harness has a yellow and brown lead that normally plug into the heater blower motor. The yellow connects to the AC blower motor and the brown one is left to dangle (correct?).

The black wire on the motor then connects to a ground wire and grounds to the chassis (location?)

The far left, vertical 14 amp fuse remains empty because the AC is controlled through the 25 amp circuit breaker.

Am i missing anything??

franklinair

You got it!
The Brown wire (#181) is used on NON A/C cars.
Power for the blower on A/C models comes from the Ign switch Acc terminal thru the 25Amp CB to the Fan control switch.
Just leave the Brown wire disconnected.

Neil

68sunlitgold

This may also help with the wiring....also attached a vacuum line diagram

Doug

Attachments

• E11.jpg
    E11.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 30
  • V6.jpg
    V6.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 23