• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A/C Vacuum Schematics

darb

Does anyone have a scanned copy, or a PDF file of the vacuum schematics for the 1968 A/C - I'm just trying to get it all sorted out on how all of the tubes connect, and how they all go into the vacuum cylinder and return and all of that good stuff.

Or, perhaps someone can do a really good job of explaining it to me?

Thanks,
Brad

Jayscal

Hey there Brad, you happen to be in luck. Back in July 1984, Mustang Monthly did a wonderfull write up on this very topic, showing pics and a great description of how the systen functions. I had photo copied it and stuck it in with my 68 vacuum schematic manual. After reading your topic, I dug it out and scanned it. I hope this helps you.

Jay

Attachments

• A-C_diagram_a.jpg
    A-C_diagram_a.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 18

Jayscal

That came out pretty good, maybe the administrator might want these in the gallery section for all to view.

Attachments

• A-C_diagram_b.jpg
    A-C_diagram_b.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 18

Jayscal

Good luck with your project.

Jay

Attachments

• A-C_diagram_c.jpg
    A-C_diagram_c.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 19

Jayscal

July 1984, man, that sure was a long time ago. I paid $3400.00 for my Cal in Feb 1984, all my friends thought I was nuts for spending that much on a 16 year old car.

OP
OP
D

darb

Thank you very much! This will help me a lot!

-Brad