• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Painless Wiring Harness

Perkchiro

I have noted the recent release of a full wiring harness for the 67 68 mustangs from Painless Performance. Price tag is around $600. Anyone had any experience with this replacement wiring? Thanks for your feedback.

68gt390

Which harness is it? Underdash harness or Firewall to headlamps? Also, beaware that Firewall to headlamp wiring harness is different depending on which model you have (i.e. 68 standard, 68 GT, 68 w/tach and 68 GT w/tach). 68 GT headlamp wiring harness also includes hookup for fog lights. Just some things to think about.

Don ;)

PFSlim

Maybe this is a good time to add a thought. It is my opinion that while doing the restoration, it may well be worth the time and money to replace old wiring with new. For our project, I replaced anything underhood. I wanted to make sure it was in good shape to prevent the possibility of fires. We did not have any harnesses with our car, therefore, had to start from scratch.

We got our underdash from a donor car. This worked well to remove and quickly install so we could put everything back without the headache of not connecting something right. However, I should have spent more time on getting the fuse box clean and make good connections before installing. We have not had a problem with wiring, (knock on wood) but can see how some folks would.

Just my thoughts.

Paul

68gt390

[quote author=Perkchiro link=board=1;threadid=1717;start=0#msg10820 date=1116971047]
Don: The part # is 20121 as seen at the following web site for Painless: http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/cat-mustangharn.htm#20121

Steve
[/quote]

Steve;
Looks like everything needed is there from what I can see. I was fortunate in that my underdash harness was in good shape. The only piece I had to replace was from the firewall to headlight area. Also checked wiring to rear lights and everything there checked out good. The only concern I would have is the wiring for the rear lights since our CS's have a unique harness for that area.

Don :D

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

Thanks for the feedback. My harness is in fairly good condition, but I figured that old wiring will need to be replaced sooner or later, so now might be a good time since I've got the car ready to reassemble soon. Since this is a new product from Painless, I just thought that someone might have some opinion on it. I really appreciate your responses. I'll probably go ahead and order it and be the guinea pig.

Steve

hookedtrout

[quote author=Perkchiro link=board=1;threadid=1717;start=0#msg10859 date=1117057147]
I'll probably go ahead and order it and be the guinea pig.

Steve
[/quote]

If you do, make sure and let us know what you think when you do get it.

Hook